Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
The Offshore Construction Superintendent is responsible for the safe, efficient execution and delivery of offshore operations to the satisfaction of the client and Project Manager and in accordance with statutory regulations, Company rules and objectives.
In carrying out these responsibilities, the offshore construction superintendent's duties shall include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following: Functions
Additional Duties when Diving
- Ensuring that all records and documents required by legislation, Company and client are maintained and readily available.
- Ensuring that operational performance is in line with the project schedule and expectation.
- Maintaining good communications and relations with the client, project management,
- Oceaneering onshore management team and the offshore management team at all times.
- Ensuring the operations team members are fully briefed on work scopes and understand their duties.
- Minimizing the cost of operations while maintaining optimum operational performance.
- Managing the operations so there is no pressure to "get the job done" that may endanger an individual's health or safety.
- Ensuring all project equipment is operated and deployed in accordance with its design and operating parameters.
- Ensuring appraisals of operations team are carried out annually, as a minimum.
- Ensuring the operations team members are fit and competent to carry out their duties.
- Ensuring the operations team crew changes are planned and carried out safely and in a timely manner.
- Convening and recording daily onboard operations meetings and project and safety briefings.
- If qualified OCS/OM and holds a letter of appointment from the company, has overall responsibility for all diving operational activities, including vessel deployment during and preceding any diving and/or equipment on board the vessel;
- Maintaining the Company quality assurance and control philosophy on all operation and diving activities in accordance with the relevant standards and specifications, as required by the Client's representative(s) and procedural documentation;
- Ensuring all operational/diving activities undertaken comply with the relevant legislative directives and are in accordance with the Company diving/operational manuals and safety memoranda;
- Ensuring that the implementation, maintenance and documentation of a routine preventative maintenance/certification program regarding the diving system and support equipment is performed in accordance with safe working practice and relevant legislation;
- Ensuring that system audits are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Completed diver training to IMCA-recognised bell (saturation) diving qualification.
- Demonstrated competence as an offshore bell (saturation) diver (in accordance with IMCA C 003) and has completed 400 lockout hours as a bell diver
- Completed and passed air diving supervisor training course
- Completed and passed bell (saturation) diving supervisor training course
- Logged at least 350 panel hours (under direct supervision) offshore on a minimum of 50 bell runs over a minimum period of 90 days working as a 'trainee' bell diving supervisor
- Demonstrated competence as a bell (saturation) diving supervisor (in accordance with IMCA C 003) by the end of their period as a 'trainee' bell diving supervisor
- Acted as 'trainee' air diving supervisor on 10 offshore commercial air dives
- Logged a minimum of 360 hours as an assistant life support technician (ALST)
- Passed IMCA bell (saturation) diving supervisor examination
- Passed offshore medical suitable for geographical area of work
- Passed offshore survival course suitable for geographical area of work
- Has received training in aspects of leadership
- Completed employer company familiarisation
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.