Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a world leader in construction, design, and engineering contracting with a reputation for delivering high quality, technically-advanced, reliable facilities. Our project needs are increasing in all parts of the business and our culture is changing in line with commercial evolution. We are currently seeking a Lead Cost Engineer, based in our Reading office.
You will be responsible for providing a complete Cost Engineering service to both project and corporate management for Proposal and Project Operations, this may include supervision of cost engineering team on larger projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Establishing project requirements, in conjunction with Project Control Manager, with regards to scope of services, organisation and job specific procedures and cost reporting
- Establishing manhour, materials quantity and cost budgets, control and forecasting of direct and indirect costs
- Reporting to client and internal management
- Providing on the job training and guidance for junior Cost Engineers
- Maintaining close liaison with client personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential problem areas
- Degree or HNC / HND preferred, ideally in an engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
- A proven cost engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
- Proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to share information and develop junior staff
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.