WelderSparrows Offshore, LLC Featured Employer
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Sparrows Group are recruiting for experienced Welders/Fitters to join our service in Slidell, Louisiana.
The primary purpose will be to fit and weld components to complete a weldment per AWS D1.1 Code.
• Properly fit and/or weld component parts to AWS D1.1 Code and engineered drawing and welding procedures.
• Plan layouts/templates.
• Stamp welder ID on completed weldments.
• Assure proper material is issued to job.
• Responsible for providing own hand tools.
• Must be able to perform independent welding duties offshore as well as in shop.
• Safely operate material handling equipment. (i.e. forklift.)
• Assist in training of Welder/Fitter B's in the areas of product knowledge, welding techniques and interpreting drawings.
• Perform all other duties as required by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Ability to interpret and analyze blueprints.
• Review finished products to ensure accuracy against drawing.
• Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements.
• Determine required equipment and the welding method, applying welding technique knowledge for highest level quality.
• Knowledge of basic math, including decimals and fractions.
• Proficient in the use of various hand tools necessary to complete a weldment (hand torch, square, level, tape measure, etc.)
• Must be able to get certified in 3G position on 1" plate.
• Ability to weld and get certified in 6GR position.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Previous experience welding and fitting in a manufacturing environment.
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist engineering, inspection, operations and maintenance services to the renewables, industrial and offshore energy markets.
Our multi-disciplined technical capability assures that our portfolio of products and services efficiently delivers the highest standard of quality and ensures the reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Working across the asset life cycle we: design, manufacture, rent, sell, operate, maintain, certify, refurbish, upgrade remove and replace equipment, as well as develop and train people.
As specialists in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, structural, reliability, and automation and control engineering we deliver a broad range of structured and bespoke solutions to customers.
With approximately 2,500 employees worldwide and more than 45 years of experience working in the energy industry, we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and expertise to get it right.