Overhead Crane MechanicsSparrows Offshore, LLC Featured Employer
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Sparrows Group are looking for an experienced Overhead Crane Mechanic to join the team in Louisiana.
The main purpose of the role will be to perform all aspects of crane service in the field and the shop.
• Read diagrams, schematic drawings, and service manuals to determine work procedures.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair overhead cranes.
• Repair hoists, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical components.
• Maintain electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical knowledge via on-going training, industry workshops and technical reading.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for onshore and offshore cranes.
• Observe competitive activities. Contribute to company image and reputation.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
• Must be able to identify all types of crane components.
• Identify and request replacement parts to perform repairs.
• Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual.
• Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Understand basic operations of pneumatic, electric, mechanical, principles, machinery alignment, rigging etc.
• Electrical and pneumatic experience.
• Communication skills both oral and written.
• Good depth perception.
• Experience in service-related area.
• Must have completed mandated field hours.
• Must be familiar with crane rigging procedures.
• Good driving record.
• Able to perform tasks independently.
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist engineering, inspection, operations and maintenance services to the renewables, industrial and offshore energy markets.
Our multi-disciplined technical capability assures that our portfolio of products and services efficiently delivers the highest standard of quality and ensures the reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Working across the asset life cycle we: design, manufacture, rent, sell, operate, maintain, certify, refurbish, upgrade remove and replace equipment, as well as develop and train people.
As specialists in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, structural, reliability, and automation and control engineering we deliver a broad range of structured and bespoke solutions to customers.
With approximately 2,500 employees worldwide and more than 45 years of experience working in the energy industry, we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and expertise to get it right.