Offshore Crane OperatorSparrows Offshore, LLC Featured Employer
Alabama, USA, AL, US
Sparrows Group have opportunities for experienced Crane Operators to join our team at Sparrows.
The main purpose of the role is to inspect, maintain, and operate Cranes in the field.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Set up, tear down and operation of crane.
• Inspect job site and evaluate customer and division requirements.
• Familiarity with all aspects of loading and unloading vessels in conjunction with jobs.
• Determine rigging requirements and be able to handle all rigging equipment.
• Complete all associated paperwork with jobs.
• When required, act as job coordinator on projects.
• Maintain cranes; troubleshoot and repair when required.
• Understand and give all standard hand signals for crane operation.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications & experience:
• Mechanical, hydraulic, and diesel experience.
• Repair skills.
• Familiar with proper crane rigging procedures.
• Familiar with crane operations.
• Communication skill both oral and written.
• Current API RP 2D certificate in crane operation.
• Sparrows API RP 2D Crane Operator Training.
• Valid API crane operator certification when hired and then must attend Sparrows course within 6 months or must attend Sparrows course immediately.
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist engineering, inspection, operations and maintenance services to the renewables, industrial and offshore energy markets.
Our multi-disciplined technical capability assures that our portfolio of products and services efficiently delivers the highest standard of quality and ensures the reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Working across the asset life cycle we: design, manufacture, rent, sell, operate, maintain, certify, refurbish, upgrade remove and replace equipment, as well as develop and train people.
As specialists in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, structural, reliability, and automation and control engineering we deliver a broad range of structured and bespoke solutions to customers.
With approximately 2,500 employees worldwide and more than 45 years of experience working in the energy industry, we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and expertise to get it right.