Hydraulic TechnicianSparrows Offshore, LLC Featured Employer
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Sparrows Group are looking for a Hydraulic Technician to join the team on a permanent basis in Slidell, LA.
The main purpose of the Hydraulic Technician is to report and work under the supervision of the Hydraulic Workshop Foreman on all shop or inhouse hydraulic components ex. Cylinders, pumps, motor, and gearbox repairs.
• General refurbishment/repair of all hydraulic components and complete disassembly/test reports.
• Inspection of disassembled components to determine suitability for use in line with manufacturers drawings/tolerances.
• Rebuilt and assist in testing of refurbished units as required.
• Cleaning and preparation of components prior to rebuild.
• Be available and flexible in assisting in other workshop activities as workloads dictate.
• Be responsible for the clean and safe area of work and surrounding workshop.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of theQuality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications and experience
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Previous relevant experience.
• Troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
• Ability to read and interpret schematics.
• Rebuild open and closed looped piston pumps, vane and gear pumps.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Good team skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of the team.
• Computer literate/knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel software.
• Rebuild all types of cylinders.
• Must have own hand tools.
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist engineering, inspection, operations and maintenance services to the renewables, industrial and offshore energy markets.
Our multi-disciplined technical capability assures that our portfolio of products and services efficiently delivers the highest standard of quality and ensures the reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Working across the asset life cycle we: design, manufacture, rent, sell, operate, maintain, certify, refurbish, upgrade remove and replace equipment, as well as develop and train people.
As specialists in mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, structural, reliability, and automation and control engineering we deliver a broad range of structured and bespoke solutions to customers.
With approximately 2,500 employees worldwide and more than 45 years of experience working in the energy industry, we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and expertise to get it right.