- Participate in the evaluation of subcontractors to verify they have adequate QA/QC capabilities.
- Preparation, approval, and implementation of the QA/QC Plan.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Client on issues relating to Quality Assurance and Quality Control. Attend site QC meetings or other meetings as necessary.
- Create Inspection and Testing Plans (ITP's) and Audit Plans for each Definable Feature of Work (DFOW). Create a Procedure for each ITP to explain the ITP requirements.
- Organize and conduct Preparatory Meetings for each DFOW. Ensure Subcontractors and Moore self-performance crews are aware of all requirements, procedures and documentation required for Each DFOW. Document and distribute the minutes of the Preparatory meetings.
- Participate in testing, inspection and documentation as required by the ITP's
- Periodically audit subcontractor and company documentation and procedures in accordance with audit plans. Maintain documentation of audits, findings, and resolution of corrective actions taken due to audits.
- Coordinate the testing and inspection program for all subcontractors and self-performance work. Coordinate in a timely manner with the Client, the Construction Manager, the Superintendent, Owner, A/E, 3rd party testing agency, other AHJ's, and any other entity required, to ensure all parties know their part of required inspections, so that QA/QC activities don't impede progress.
- Provide information to the Superintendent about QA/QC activities to be included in the Daily Report.
- Review and distribute submittals. Maintain and distribute the submittal register as required.
- Coordinate, submit and distribute all RFI's and RFI answers. Maintain and distribute the RFI log as required.
- Participate in document control, along with the PM and APM.
- Issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's) and manage the process of documenting and resolving NCR's. Distribute the NCR log as required.
- Conduct, document and manage punch lists. Distribute punch lists as necessary.
- Coordinate with owner, A/E, subcontractors, and other entities to complete project turnover.
- Provide information to Superintendent for As-Built drawings.
- Develop an Audit Plan for Subcontractors and Company's self-performance crew.
- Periodically audit Subcontractors and Company's self-performance crew to ensure QC procedures are followed and proper documentation is maintained.
- Have 7 years or more of documented experience in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance position.
- Experience Developing and Implementing a QA program is preferred.
- USACE experience preferred.
- Experience in ISO-9000 series Quality Management Systems is preferred.
- Industrial experience is preferred, but candidates with experience in Government or Commercial environments will be considered.
- Willingness to travel is required. Current assignment locations are in the Louisiana, Texas Gulf Coast, and Los Angeles regions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.