What's the role?
The Technical Sales Development Manager's (TSDM) will be the technical expert on whom the Wheels organisation and Shell's direct customers will be relying to get the best total cost of ownership offer and service level on the market. This role is a key differentiator in Shell's offer to retain and grow the business with existing key accounts as well as win new prospects locally. The Wheels Sales team covers the sectors Automotive (Franchise Workshops, Fast Fit/ Fast Lubes), Truck & Bus, Agriculture, Construction and Rail.
This role will be one of two TSDM's in the team. Whilst the candidate will support customers and opportunities in all sectors when required, the incumbent's focus area and main responsibility is expected to be in the Transport and Rail sectors.
The role of the Technical Sales Development Manager (TSDM) will be:
What we need from you
- accountable to grow the P&L through the cross sell and upsell at key customers in close collaboration and alignment with the respective Key Account Managers and in line with the underlying key account strategy. Pursue opportunities in case the sales opportunity is agreed and assigned to the TSDM pipeline.
- Built up and maintain strong commercial and technical contacts to the key decision makers of targeted customers to apply appropriate influencing strategies generating substantial business opportunities. Be the Technical Subject Matter Expert and own the task delivery in relevant segments, sectors, and applications specifically as far as industry/ legislations/ specifications trends and needs are concerned also through active collaboration with respective Regional and Global functions
- Design with Marketing effective and fit for purpose local Customer Value Propositions (CVPs) per sector of activity
- Protect existing business through thoughtful technical advice to customers and the Sales team, resolve any issues in a timely fashion and keeping customer satisfaction level high
- Coach and empower the sales and marketing community on main technical industry trends, products and services and actively contribute to build up meaningful challenger insights.
- Co-share with sales the team pipeline by offering the right and differentiated product and services offer
- Own troubleshooting - main technical industry trends, products and services and train services to the strategic customers locally. When resolving complex technical issues utilise support of Regional Technical Experts, Product Application Specialists or wider P&T based Technology network. Always assuring that queries or issue is business critical or linked to a mapped sales opportunity.
- Be the Services Ambassador for the selected area of activity, identifying opportunities and effective technical solutions with a particular attention at digital solutions
- Innovate through initiating local pilots and field tests and implementing Global and Regional ones.
- Map local technical stakeholders: OEMS, Approvers, Technical Associations and Governmental Institutions. Effectively manage them to maintain and gain homologations and approvals.
- Demonstrate a customer centricity & Enterprise 1st approach: closely collaborate with the Sales - Marketing & global P&T/PAS community
- Deliver a personal Goal Zero and promote the values of Shell (ethics & compliance, etc.)
- The position is part of the Direct Sales organization and will report to the Wheels Business Manager. The TSDM is a pivotal role in the direct organisation to ensure that the local lubricant business is sustainable and continues growing.
- Technical skills: Ideally detailed knowledge of technical applications in the Wheels sectors, especially Transport and Rail
- Strong technical competencies in lubricants desired
- Good collaboration skills and high customer centricity
- Good project Management : Analytical and structured
- Have a strong drive and ability to ability to work in an autonomous manner
- Degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Proficient level of English and German language
- Good digital skills
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefited from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petro chemical s as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.