Where you fit in
To drive and support the business change activities required to underpin Shell's IT simplification agenda. Shell is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value which will drive significant and ongoing change in all parts of the business, supporting the business' growth agenda. Shell is building an inhouse IT Transformational Change Capability that will partner closely with each area of the business to drive and embed IT change. This role will reside within the Group CIO function. The role is delivery focused and will lead IT-driven business change in a program or project environment.The primary purpose of the role is to:
- Work on one or multiple change programs, with oversight or leadership from a Transformational Change Manager
- Deploy measurable change management interventions and wider transformational change initiatives, usually in an Agile context
- Support the Transformational Change Managers to build the practice and drive improved ways of working
- Operate, with support where needed across change management, communications
- Work closely and collaboratively with other related departments, OD/OE, Internal Communications, Learning and Continuous Improvement, within Shell to deliver a comprehensive service to the business using agreed
- Equip the business with the skills to better manage and sustain change
What we need from you
- Execute the change management plan
- Build and manage change management deliverables and activities to a business-ready standard
- Ensure that the appropriate change management tools and methods are applied to IT projects
- Partner with other parts of the organization (IC, OD, Learning) to deliver high quality change management interventions
- Work with colleagues to build the Transformational Change capability
- Develop agile mindsets and behaviors
- As a member of the IT Transformational Change practice, create an environment where members feel motivated, engaged, connected, able to perform to high levels and to grow and develop in their roles. This may include Line Manager responsibility.
- Work to develop the Transformational Change practice and facilitate knowledge sharing and capturing of good practice, and work to build and retain knowledge of external best practice (both in change management and technology more broadly)
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Deep expertise in initiating Change Management for IT solutions
- Understanding of the different Change Management methodologies approaches, with emphasis on driving measurable business results
- Proven CM business transformation and change management delivery track record (strong planning and execution discipline, delivering high quality, high impact solutions and interventions)
- Proven track record of building Affinity with and understanding of the consequences of IT management and IT delivery
- Strong stakeholder relationships & stakeholder management skills - proven track record in working as trusted advisor at senior business leader level on critical, complex CM challenges and influencing effectively at different organizational levels
- Proven track record of playing a "change integrator role" and leading change on an individual, team and organizational level
- Highly skilled in coaching and developing others (developing competence in others in CM Capability development/coaching) Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive and sustain change
- Courage and determination to challenge current practices and mindsets, challenge senior leaders while maintaining effective relationships. Independent objective thinker. Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
- Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
- Confidence and ability to work in high-ambiguity work environment
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONAn innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change. Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
A rewarding place to work
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.