Where you fit in
The Global B2B Industry & Off Highway Lubricant Insight Lead is part of the Shell Downstream Global Customer Insight group. The role will be responsible for managing and leading the global insight agenda across lubricant marketing stakeholders in the Industrial and Off Highway sectors.
This role is critical in enabling our lubricants business to win in a highly competitive, multibillion industry, where understanding our B2B customers' needs is vital. This role offers a unique opportunity to work across the insight landscape of brand, product, and services.
Success is dependent on the incumbent's ability to uncover meaningful insights and turn these into commercial recommendations that influence action.What's the role?
Your responsibilities include:
In this role we'll also expect you to:
- Leading and managing the Global Lubricant insights agenda across Industry and Off Highway Sectors.
- Designing, managing, and delivering commercially impactful multi-country insight programs with 3rd party agencies.
- Leading and managing the insights relationship with the global heads of marketing for Industry & Off Highway.
- Discovering B2B customers unmet needs, frictions, and pain points to ensure Customer Value Propositions/Concepts/Communications and final propositions are anchored in customer needs.
- Market sizing/entry and competitor analysis to develop strategic and tactical plans.
- Collaborating with other B2B Insight colleagues in the Insight Group to develop a best-in-class B2B Insights program.
What we need from you
- Influence strategic direction of the business and be a trusted advisor to senior global marketers.
- Interpret and cut through different data to extract key insights that will shape the business and Shell's future customer solutions.
- Create clear, concise, and compelling stories that influence individuals and the business.
- Lead complex large multi-national insight projects spanning a wide range of methodologies (Qual, Quant, Digital) across a diverse set of countries.
- Thrive in a complex multinational matrix organization where many key stakeholders will be from many cultures and based in different countries.
- Manage and extract the best from consultancies and both large/boutique agency partners.
- Be inquisitive, self-starting, comfortable with autonomy and putting your opinion forward.
We're looking for an experienced insight professional, educated to degree or masters level.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Significant experience and a proven track record of success in senior insight roles using a broad range of market research methodologies.
- Expertise in identifying and blending information from various data sets.
- Extensive experience in B2B insights with ideally with agency and client-side background, experience of the lubricant sector would be an advantage.
- International experience and using multiple sources to create holistic stories is essential.
- Go beyond managing research projects and instead has a proven track record of highlighting key insights that drive business advantage. This will require strong commercial acumen and influencing skills to be the trusted advisor to senior global marketers.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills to be effective in this environment as success will depend on influencing others to action.
- Ability to work in complex, multinational matrix organizations will be vital to success, as is ability to work in virtual environments across cultures.
- You will also be Fluent in written and spoken English, with other languages an asset.
The Global B2B Industry & Off Highway Lubricant Insight Lead - is a challenging role with senior level exposure and excellent opportunities in the Shell Group.If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don't feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.Company Description
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.