Compensation & Benefits Manager (UAE National) Permanent Dubai, UAE
Petroplan are currently supporting a wholly owned Oil and Gas Company of the Government of Dubai for a Compensation and Benefits Manager.Job Purpose
Define, implement and monitor the Group's compensation and benefits strategy and processes in line with the Group's vision, mission and values, in order to attract and retain talent so that the Group meets its business and operational objectives.Principal Accountabilities Compensation and Benefits Management
- Develop the Compensation and Benefits framework and initiatives and participate actively in periodic salary/benefits surveys within the marketplace in order to attract and retain high calibre talent.
- Develop and present board level proposals related to the Group's Compensation and Benefits strategy to the Executive Management and Board of Directors to ensure that the right decisions are taken.
- Propose changes to compensation policies, enhance or revise existing compensation and benefits programs based on current trend analysis and global policy direction to maintain the eligibility, coverage, and applicability of the remuneration framework policies.
- Support any issues guidelines relating to annual compensation related exercises such as budgeting, performance appraisals, bonus calculations, salary reviews.
- Benchmark employee compensation and benefits with relevant comparators in the market and best practice to ensure external competitiveness of rewards.
- Manage the annual salary review processes and ensure that all salary planning guidelines and pay policies are updated and communicated with the designated stakeholders.
- Review employees' benefits, salaries, eligibilities for promotions on annual basis to ensure fair alignment and consistency across the workforce.
- Design and identify job family level specific benefits and allowances.
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Design, develop and implement the Compensation and Benefits Strategy, in collaboration with the leadership, ensuring alignment and seamless cascade of the operating model and business strategies via flexible organization structures.
- Develop and implement sectional strategy and related strategic plans and policies in alignment with the vision and mission of the Group and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Provide subject matter advice for the assigned domain and support the leadership on all related areas to facilitate the achievement of sectional strategies.
Job Analysis and Evaluation
- Prepare and recommend the section budget and track financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all sectional activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines.
- Develop and manage the implementation of consistent and realistic operational plans for the section to meet the department objectives.
- Allocate manpower resources to the planned assignments and develop schedules in order to deliver the section objectives.
- Monitor, investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances in utilization of the budget to ensure effective performance and cost control.
- Plan, organize and manage job description programs across the Group by developing guidelines and conducting workshops to produce high quality Job Descriptions.
- Recommend the use of external reward consultants to supplement resources needed to develop high quality JD's to meet the timelines or specialized nature of JD's dictated by the business needs.
- Manage the Job Evaluation process across the Group including JV's by facilitating Job Evaluation panels, developing preliminary evaluation lines referenced by benchmarks, ensuring evaluation panel meetings are held in accord with the 'Terms of Reference' by appropriately trained panel members in the Job Evaluation system used by the Group.
- Conduct workshops to give employees an appreciation of the job evaluation process used by the Group.
- Recommend the use of external reward Consultants to evaluate jobs, when it in the best interests of the Group e.g. to avoid conflict of interest or organize evaluation of jobs in entirely new businesses or SBUs.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- In discussion with Senior Management and external Reward Consultants develop and implement Reward Strategies, Grading structures and short- and long-term Compensation and Benefits structures which enable the Group to stay competitive in the markets in which they operate
- Develop, recommend and implement agreed innovative variable pay mechanisms to link pay with Performance.
- Implement Board remuneration, Company Representatives Executive remuneration, and all other staff remuneration within approved Reward structures.
Develop and lead the implementation of sectional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned sectional so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
Act as the custodian of all HR policies related to Compensation and Benefits for the group and ensure timely review in line with labour laws and trending practices.Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in HR or equivalent.
Professional certification such as CIPD/ World at Work/ HR-related areas is highly preferable.
7-9 years' relevant experience in Compensation and Benefits with at least 5 years in similar positions of progressively increasing responsibilities in the Compensation and Benefits function.
Strategic orientation and general management skills
Innovative and conceptual skills
Coaching and mentoring skills
Employee relations skills
Influencing skillsAbout Petroplan
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.