We are seeking a Mechanical Stationary Equipment Engineer
to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence Team within our Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD).
GMSD is a multi-disciplinary organization with interface to technical, and in some cases business, support requirements of Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation Admin Area and Client's Affiliates. Its function caters mainly to the technical needs of Global Manufacturing, operating facilities management, and driving the performances of operating facilities in executing corporate programs and initiatives towards operational excellence and value creation.
Your primary role will be to provide technical support to operating facilities, projects, technology deployment, and talent development of new Stationary Equipment Engineers. You will conduct special studies and analysis in a specialized asset integrity field, such as necessary mechanical calculations for piping, pressure vessel, shell and tube heat exchangers, air cooler fin fans, branch reinforcement, MAWP, hydrotest pressure, rating and/or de-rating, fitness for service to evaluate flaws or damage, pipe stress analysis, flange calculations, and perform nozzle calculations. Key Responsibilities
- As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Perform field troubleshooting.
- Participate on major T&Is and emergency plant shutdowns.
- Provide technical support to maintenance support organizations.
- Developing repair procedures as required.
- Provide engineering support to repair hydrocarbon leaks, review and approve the bolted clamp calculations and design made by the specialized leak sealing contractor companies to maintenance prior to field installation.
- Review detailed drawings and material specification from Layout Group for piping modifications as requested.
- Participate in HAZOP Studies review.
- Perform piping mechanical calculations, such as minimum wall thickness for internal and external pressure, MAWP calculations, hydrotest pressure, rating and/or de-rating of piping circuits by and fitness for service.
- As requested, perform mechanical and hydraulic assessment to equipment skids like for example Pumps Flushing Oil System (Piping, Exchangers, filters, oil container, etc.).
- You must hold a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years' experience across the refinery and/or petrochemical industries, specifically in asset integrity of stationary equipment, with at least 10 years of field experience working on plants major turnaround and field troubleshooting.
- You must have a thorough knowledge of best engineering practices, solid industry codes and standards background (ASME, API, NACE, ASTM, ISO) and use of engineering software (Caeser II).
- Familiarity with API standards, specifically API 510, API 530, API 570, API 579, API 661 is essential.
- Understanding of ASME section VII and VIII is also a requirement.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.