Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for Civil Engineers to be based in Reading on a contract basis. We work on a variety of projects including carbon capture, hydrogen power, waste to energy, biofuels, recycling, petrochemical, and oil & gas.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for the design of underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution, capable of terrain modelling, conduct flood risk studies, preparation of earthwork and site preparation design
- Responsible for assessing design of existing underground and over ground drainage systems and networks, develop drainage design solution
- Responsible for carrying our design studies and preparing project related design calculations, drawings and documents such as basis of design, philosophies, specifications, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing, checking and commenting drawings and supervise designers in the preparation of Drawings in accordance with Wood and Client technical work practises and standards
- Responsible for ensuring that all design activities are carried out within stipulated Man-hour budgets and time schedules
- Within area of responsibility manage work progress and schedule, prepare progress reports
- Advise Lead Engineer of any technical issues, schedule slippages, their causes and proposed corrective actions
- Assists in the preparation of any contract requisitions and schedules of quantity for work on assigned projects
- Work with inter-disciplinary teams on the project to deliver suitable designs. Liaises with client, construction personnel on site and addresses technical queries
- Within area of responsibility prepare estimates, MTOs, estimate basis memo
- Keep abreast of the project strategy and key drivers, participate in Model Reviews as and when required and report changes to the Lead Designer/Lead Engineer
- Engineering Degree
- Good understanding of drainage design systems to national and international standards
- Experience in a similar position, preferably within oil / gas or petrochemical industry
- Experience in using drainage design tools including Microdrainage
- Experience in developing computer model simulation of drainage systems
- EPC and procurement experience advantageous
- Technically strong, self-motivated individual able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Proven ability to engage in effective dealings with both client and contractors
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.