Overview / Responsibilities
CEC Controls- a Wood business is recruiting for an immediate need for a Lead Process Controls Engineer to join our team in Bradenton, FL. Individual must have experience in Industrial Process Control Systems & Water and Wastewater Controls.
Similar industry experience, would also be an asset. Knowledge of electrical control panel design, PLC programming & HMI/SCADA application programming required. Possible Hybrid remote.
Process Controls Designer with experience in Industrial Process Control Systems. These are the technology requirements for this role:
- Fully understand P&ID drawings and Industry Specifications
- Industrial Control Panel design
- SCADA/HMI/PLC Hardware
- Knowledge of industrial control networks, ie. EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, Modbus, etc.
- HMI Programming - Factory Talk, WinCC, Maple Systems, EZTouch
- PLC Programming using ladder logic and/or function block - Experience with one or more of the following: Rockwell, Siemens, Modicon, GE. Emerson Micro PLC Hardware and programing experience a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following SCADA software such as : VTScada, Ignition, Wonderware, iFIX, WinCC, FactoryTalk View, GE Cimplicity, Citect
#hybrid remote Skills / Qualifications
- BSEE or BS Computer Science or Electrical/Controls Technologist or Comparable Experience
- 7 - 15 year's experience in Instrumentation & Controls
- Must have Industrial Process Control Systems & Water and Wastewater Controls experience
- Proven abilities in design, programming, start up, testing and implementation phases of project
- Experienced in leading & directing engineers in a team-based environment
- Proficient in balancing needs of multiple projects
- Ability to travel to countries outside of Canada (typically within North America)
- Effective communication with the customer and meet all deliverable due dates
- Review specifications, I&C Control drawings, HMI screens, PLC programs, SCADA, etc
- Assure customer Factory Test requirements are met per the specifications
- Experience with Panelview HMI Screens, FactoryTalk View, etc
- Superior organizational and analytical abilities needed to communicate company and customer needs with other team members, departments and outside vendors
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of Industry standard process design methods such ISA and UL 508A with a technical/engineering controls background
- Knowledge of current electrical safety standards and electrical codes such as CEC/CSA & NEC/UL
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 45 % travel
- A uthorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.