What types of work is this Mechanic (Millwright) position responsible for?
- Operate tools and machinery to affect assigned work. This may include welding, rotating equipment, solids & liquids transfer systems, chemical hazards, and other work in an industrial facility.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance work as assigned. Can include, but not limited to: Pump rebuilds, piping rebuilds, filter changes, and other repairs to plant equipment. This will include using a laser alignment tool, sheave alignment tools, belt tension tools etc.
- Use computer in daily routine, including data entry into computerized management maintenance system.
- Read and comprehend drawings including, but not limited to plant layout, P&ID, equipment drawings.
- Operate boom lifts, scissor lifts and forklifts.
- Understand piping systems and their uses, including knowledge of and adherence to plant piping standards.
- Work in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Identify and implement equipment improvements to increase plant reliability.
- Communicate to operations employees, supervisors, and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area both verbally and in writing
This is a day shift position represented by a collective bargaining agreement with a starting pay of $35.52
and increases to $37.86 after 6 months, overtime at a rate of 1.5 is included. The successful candidate is eligible for our competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, optical insurance, life insurance, pension, 401k, and paid maternity & paternity leave. What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Millwright, Mechanic in an industrial environment and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Must be able to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends if needed.
- As a part of the preemployment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all preemployment background, medical, and reference checks, drug including hair and oral fluids testing.
- Must support the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings.
- Must support and comply with the company's harassment free work environment policy.
- Must support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives.
- Must support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies.