The Electrical Engineer is accountable for the Integrity, Reliability and Operability of Electrical designs & Installations at the plant. The Electrical Engineer will advise the Technical, Maintenance & Operations departments on Electrical matters to ensure safe, reliable & efficient operation. Accountabilities
- Proactively drive effective collaboration within the team, and the site-based Electrical Engineering team.
- Have a learner's mindset and be open to further co-create the ways of working and project processes.
- Co-ordinating in Electrical equipment upgrade and replacement planning, including Engineering design through the creation of Electrical design packages.
- Performs Electrical RCM studies, reviews Electrical PMs, and suggests changes based on equipment history from SAP.
- To review/update/create Electrical procedures and work instructions for Electrical equipment's viz motors, generators, transformers, switchgears, VCB, ACB, contactors, batteries, battery charger, VFDs, HVAC, at HV/LV voltage levels.
- Building work packs that include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for maintenance of Electrical equipment, parts required, tools required required and relationship between tasks including the pre-work preparation steps.
- To read/create/modify Electrical drawings.
- To read/create/modify data in SAP.
Skills & Requirements
- This position will work remotely within a team of electrical engineers.
- All deliverables shall be in line with HSSE guidelines.
Required technical competences:
- Understanding the functions of the various Electrical equipment and instruments and thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (SLD's, Data sheets, P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs, ISO's).
- Be well versed in virtual working and using IT tools effectively to overcome the barriers due to cultural and physical distance.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written)
- Capability to develop the relevant project deliverables for various stages of a project.
- Knowledge of Engineering Design Standards and best practices
- Demonstrated experience / capability around work process execution and assurance
- The candidate has a proven ability to work independently
- The candidate has a pro-active/speak-up mentality
- Due to work across time zones, flexibility in working hours will be required
Knowledge of the following is seen as an advantage:
- At least 5 years experience in the Electrical Engineering discipline, with proven hands-on experience (Operation & Maintenance and/or design) with:
- Electrical Safety.
- Knowledge in electrical distribution, generation and control equipment.
- Inspection and Maintenance of Electrical equipment.
- Hazardous Areas and Ex equipment.
- Knowledge of Design Basis, Basic Design, Equipment datasheets, Engineering drawings, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in oil and gas industry electrical standards and practices and electrical safety rules
- Electrical software like AutoCAD, SKM or ETAP.