Where you fit in
Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo), is an in-house asset manager for Shell's pension funds and insurance companies, operating under a Dutch AIFM licence including MiFIDII services. It's a dynamic, global environment with clients in seven different countries and more than 200 professionals. SAMCo is licensed as a fund manager and provides portfolio services. Continuous change in the financial markets and in financial regulations make this a professionally challenging place to work - regulations and Compliance are at the very top of our agenda.
Data Management at SAMCo as a function is relatively young, our priority is to embed Data Governance and enable a framework of standardization, supporting consumers across the organization. If you have the passion and drive to support SAMCo's most valued asset 'Data' then this may be the right role for you.
As SAMCo transitions into a Data driven organization you will be pivotal in ensuring we are successful on our journey. Ensuring our Vendor Data contracts, and invoicing processing are optimal. Managing, developing key relationships with external relationship managers and internal stakeholders. Supporting the wider Data team with some of our shared responsibilities driven by our managed Data partner Rimes. Upholding Data Governance practices at all times.What's the role?
We'll entrust you to:
What we need from you
- Negotiate Data Vendor contracts with suppliers and ensuring the Vendors meet our governance requirements.
- Assess the performance and quality of the Data supplied by vendors
- Maintain sufficient inventories with internal and external suppliers/systems
- Ensure vendor compliance with company standards and SAMCo are adhered to
- Manage vendor invoicing ensuring relevant parties acknowledge payment within agreed SLA's
- Maintain and manage the Data management group email inbox.
- Update procedures and SharePoint documentation.
- Review/support of the Service management documentation around our preferred managed data service.
- Ad hoc project support around data implementation/vendor aggregation
- Troubleshoot issues with Vendors
You must be/have:
- An excellent communicator, having the ability to establish positive relationships with vendors and co-workers.
- Able to manage conflict of opinion when supply chain or quality control issues arise
- Able to negotiate and be assertive with seasoned negotiating skills. Customer service focused is a must.
- Although Asset Management Vendor experience is preferred, we will consider candidates from an accounting/procurement background.
- Proven relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree