If you're a regulatory reporting subject matter expert (SME) with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to contribute to Shell's commitment to the energy transition.
Building an integrated power and gas business and offering cleaner energy solutions remains our number one priority. Join us and you'll add your talent to a business with the power to shape the future.Where you fit in
Shell Trading integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in Crude Oil, Refined Oil Products, LPG, Gas, Power & Environmental Products with larger locations in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai, Rotterdam, and Bahamas.
Shell Trading & Supply (T&S) is one of the world's largest energy traders and is a key segment of the Royal Dutch Shell portfolio.
The Regulated Activities Team is part of Commercial Operations, working very closely with Front Office, Compliance, and IT to ensure that the Trading & Supply businesses remain compliant with their Regulatory Reporting requirements under UK/EU EMIR, EU REMIT and Singapore MAS.
The Regulated Activities team is an energetic and fast-paced evolving environment, where people are encouraged to play an active role in achieving compliance against our regulatory obligations across business; as such the key to this role is the ability to be flexible, adaptable, open-minded, goal-orientated, and control framework conscious.
You will be expected to take ownership and accountability for complex projects in this area and it should be noted that, due to the nature of the business and the volumes in the trading environment, the successful candidate will be expected to absorb considerable amounts of information within a short timeframe. Some travelling might be required.What's the role?
You will play a key role in the Regulatory Reporting process, ensuring that the Trading business' remains compliant with their regulatory reporting obligations, primarily European and Asian regulations such as REMIT, EMIR, and MAS, but might extend into other regimes such as US (CFTC, NFA), Canadian (CSA), Australian (ASIC) Regulations, plus other European regulations such as MiFID, FinfraG.
As a Senior Regulatory Reporting (SME), you will be responsible for:
What we need from you
- Oversight of business and data requirement documentation covering the implementation of a strategic regulatory reporting platform.
- Deep understanding of the regulatory reporting landscape, particularly Europe and Asia, in conjunction with a strong understanding of how those regulations should be implemented operationally.
- Comfortable to discuss regulatory reporting requirements and processes with a wide variety of stakeholders, business users, and IT.
- Perform detailed impact assessment of Industry change, delivered through a number of channels including industry publications (ESMA, FCA, OFGEM, ACER, MAS, CFTC, NFA, ASIC, CSA), TRUM, FAQs, Q&As, technical standards, XML schema updates, draft guidance notes, Industry forums/associations, and updates to Regulatory Reporting Solution, Transaction Repository (TR) and Registered Reporting Mechanisms (RRM) documentation.
- Detailed understanding of changes required to support EMIR ReFIT (2024) and similar changes that apply to MAS and ASIC (also 2024).
- Consultation in the creation of Regulatory Compliance policy documentation.
- Consultation on Regulatory Reporting matters as part of the New Business, Deal Approvals, and Group Investment Proposition processes.
- Significant input into business process design, documentation, and reengineering.
- Helping the team develop and maintain a robust controls framework.
- Regulatory Training documentation and delivery
We're keen to hear from individuals who have a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- A track record in delivering complex change within a Transaction/regulatory reporting environment.
- Ability to analyse expansive data sets and quickly extract useful information and/or spot discrepancies.
- Strong proficiency with software applications, including MS Excel, Powerpoint, PowerBi, and Visio.
- Proven track record of developing new tools and processes (both tactical and strategic) to meet changing business requirements.
- Ability to document AS-IS / TO-BE processes, identifying risks and ine?ciencies in those processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to communicate clear recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple con?icting priorities to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Knowledge of energy trading regulations (primarily REMIT, EMIR, MAS, but also CFTC, NRA, CSA, ASICS and FINFRAG would be valuable)
- Experience in dealing with SaaS solutions, such as DeltaconX.
- Experience in dealing with Trade Repositories such as REGIS-TR, DTCC and ICE Trade Vault, and Registered Reporting Mechanism (RRM) such as Equias BV and Vaikoon RRM.
- Familiarity with Crude Oil, Refined Oil Products, LPG, Gas, Power & Environmental Products. F inancial markets and experience in a trading environment is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate within team and as part of the wider organisation, openly sharing views and perspectives and encouraging others to share opinions.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.Company Description
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.