We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer
with an experience in Hydrogen/Hydrotreating processes to join Client's Refinery Engineering Department.
Your primary role will be to provide exceptional process engineering support, monitoring plant performance, capture optimization opportunities and value-creation programs for the operation of hydrogen purification and generation units as well as hydrotreating units in order to operate safely, reliably, and economically as well as achieve target goals while realizing company strategic imperatives. Key Responsibilities
- As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Perform in-depth plant monitoring and optimize performance of Hydrogen/Hydrotreating units by overseen unit's operation and economics losses.
- Issue detailed reports to recommend changes supported by simulation models' result to optimize unit operation.
- Lead unit operations troubleshooting and investigating off-spec. products and plant trips/ upsets and manage the required deliverables. Support Operations during turnaround and unplanned Shutdowns / Startups by understanding the unit operating conditions and transient effects to recommend operations improvements
- Perform specific tasks such as, but not limited to catalyst forecast/ evaluation, test runs, de-bottlenecking studies, due-diligence assessment, enhancement studies, HAZOP studies.
- Lead process safety management overseeing HAZOP, PSR, SIL, PSSR, QRA, and Alarm Rationalization. Lead HAZOP/Process Safety Reviews of plant operations as well as new modifications.
- Manage long and short-term projects by proposing major projects to improve safety, reliability and profitability. Prepare design requests, budget justifications and detailed implementation plans for economically justifiable projects. Also, develop detailed engineering design packages for in-house process-oriented projects and follow up on implementation.
- Review in-detail and revise standard work procedures like new operating procedures, instructions, RIMs, alarm and ESD check list, MOC, HAZOP, JSA, Relive valves, plant drawings.
- Ensure environmental and safety awareness effectiveness with work closely with the facility Safety and Environment management to improve safety and achieve highest environmental standards.
- Liaise with vendors and technology licensors for process enhancements and changes as well as with Engineering Services Department for any technology assessment and piloting support.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years total refinery process units experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years' experience in handling Hydrogen/Hydrotreating units.
- Exposure to different licensor technologies for Hydrogen/Hydrotreating is essential.
- Certified PHA/HAZOP leader.
- Familiarity and understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.