We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer
with an experience in Isomerization processes
to join the Global Manufacturing Excellence organization.
Global Manufacturing Excellence support and oversee the performances of Client's global manufacturing assets.
Your primary role will be to provide process engineering and operations expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement programs for Isomerization processes, including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, and Isomerization technology knowledge management and exchange. You will drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability. Key Responsibilities
- As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing Isomerization manufacturing facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant's optimum operability, profitability, reliability, and process safety. Issue quarterly Isomerization performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitor and support the facilities in implementing the recommendations and closing the gaps identified in the quarterly performance benchmarking reports.
- Conduct benchmarking and best practices exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates) having Isomerization process technologies.
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of Isomerization plants which may include but not limited to process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities, capacity test runs, technology pilot testing, and process design improvements. Issue service reports for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned.
- In collaboration with Global Manufacturing facilities engineers, propose cost optimization or process improvement initiatives focusing on 'low-hanging fruits' with no or minimal capital investment required, through operational adjustment or design modification.
- Conduct internal assessments on Isomerization process using Client's engineering standard references. Highlight any deviations or better standards applied by affiliates for endorsement to facility management or Client's Central Engineering.
- Act as the overall coordinator for cascading and driving Global Manufacturing and Corporate programs to the Isomerization operating facilities for execution and effective monitoring.
- Participate in Business Plan development and coordinate with stakeholders for any capital investments on assigned process units and support techno-economic evaluations.
- Be aware of technology developments in Isomerization process plants. Perform evaluation and approval of technology developments to Central Engineering and facilitate field deployment.
- Support arrangement and facilitation of technical knowledge exchange workshops with Isomerization process technology licensors and Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Participate in hazard operability (HAZOP) and safety integrity level (SIL) studies as required by Isomerization unit operating facilities.
- Participate in incident investigation activities concerning Isomerization process technologies as required by operating facilities.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years of total refinery or petrochemical process units experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years' experience in handling Isomerization plants.
- Exposure to different Isomerization process licensor technologies is a plus.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.