Team Recruitment are looking to source a Regional Accountant for one of our Oil and Gas Clients based in Aberdeen.
The Accountant supports the Cost Controller and Finance Manager/Financial Controller in the provision of timely and accurate financial reporting for Region and Corporate management. The Accountant assists with the preparation of journal entries and monitor the Region's / Corporate's compliance with controls, AFE's, accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the Accountant helps prepare for annual internal & external audits and assists with other ad-hoc financial projects when required.
- Understand Company's vision and apply the company values in all business activities.
- Prepare monthly client invoices in accordance to contract terms.
- Following up client receivables in accordance with contractual terms and within due date.
- Support Cost controller in all contractual matters arising from any invoices from clients and suppliers, ensure these are addressed in accordance with accepted practice and procedure.
- Review all Non-PO incoming invoices for assigned profit centres (appropriate documentation and coding).
- Assist in preparing accurate monthly accruals to ensure correct timing of income and costs.
- Ensure all journal vouchers have appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger by reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts including auditable supporting documentation.
- Prepare all intercompany invoices in accordance with contracts (bareboat and service agreements), AFE procedures and intercompany confirmations between entities.
- Assist during month end management reporting, including commentaries on significant variances in accordance with internal requirements and agreed deadlines.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts in accordance with internal requirements and agreed deadlines.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding of client contracts relating to assigned rig.
- Keep the Cost Controller informed of all issues impacting operational reporting and results.
- Provide support and information to other departments if requested/required to ensure correct input to the financial records (e.g. Supply Chain Department, HR department, Rig Manager).
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and other tasks within the finance structure subject to availability.
- Travel to operations locations as requested/required during budget process or for other ad-hoc requirements.]
Desired Qualities / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting /Finance or other relevant discipline at the Company's discretion, CA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA/CMA completed or part-qualified preferred.
- Previous accounting experience in the International Oil & Gas Industry. Prefer experience in similar role within the offshore drilling related environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; fluency in English required.
- Advanced MS Excel working knowledge and ERP experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and to follow up on all tasks to completion.
- Proficient problem-solving skills: demonstrate ability to evaluate problems from differing viewpoints and recognize potential root cause of problems and suggest possible solutions.
- Be approachable and maintain open and transparent communication with Team, Internal and External stakeholders and management team.
- Develop good working relationships with Divisional and Corporate colleagues and external stakeholders, as required.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job to include confidentiality of Company and Client business