Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Document Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Geleen, Limburg, Netherlands
The procurement departmant's ambition is aligned with the company global strategy and focuses on growth and innovation. The global challenge for Procurement within the company is to secure uninterrupted supply of goods, materials and services to our businesses, while creating value for the business by improving total cost of ownership, leveraging buys on local, regional and global scale and by reducing procurement costs.
Local and Regional Procurement are part of Global Corporate Shared Services organization. As part of the Procurement Function, the Site Procurement Team is responsible to provide best in class operational processes and maximizes value for money in purchasing and managing materials & services by exploiting economies of scale and maintaining the same high performance and service level for all customers.
The Contract Engineer will be located in Geleen and serves as a Procurement business partner. Capturing requirements, identifying opportunities, intensive co-operation with the internal customers and Procurement colleagues delivering value, in an efficient manner.
In general, the Contract Engineer role characteristic is straightforward competitive bidding of turnaround related contractor services. Processes can be very complex, as specification are not always that clear and business pressure might urge for vigorous, but always compliant, actions. Main goal for this role is contracting best value, whilst serving the business needs and delivering a compliant procurement dossier.
Purpose & Responsibilities
• Coordinate the relation of the stakeholders with their (key-) suppliers and optimize conditions both internally and externally.
• Implement, monitor and manage new or extend existing turnaround contracts according Procurement procedures to ensure service availability (Surety of supply) against required quality and lowest Total Cost of Ownership.(TCO)
• Support in contracting and commercial activities, where applicable in cooperation with Tactical Buyer TA
• Deviations on the company standard conditions to be aligned with Legal
• Responsible and coordinate commercially Turnaround or other special projects in competition unless to ensure the best value.
• Create PO related to service contracts in competition and reaching optimal and commercial conditions to ensure value creation including expediting and correct payment.
• Responsible report out final billing process in cooperation with Tactical Buyer and stakeholders TA
• Manage complaint handling / claims, and respond to market movements.
• Secure compliance, integrity and respecting the Procurement policy & procedures.
• Correct administration and availability of contracts / purchase orders and reporting of savings. Ensure full compliance, and legal correctness and control.
• Provide operational support and solve critical procurement problems
• Drive continuous improvement, change management initiatives and share knowledge of procurement processes and policies with the internal organization. (stakeholders)
• Bachelor or Master Degree (HBO+) in commerce, business administration, engineering or similar.
• Preferred certification in Procurement. (NEVI, CIPS)
• Excellent in process management, project management and negotiating skills.
• 5 to10 years' experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or Customer service.
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills.
• Capability of professional time management, communicate on progress and escalate if needed.
• Knowledge of procurement procedures, processes and work methods.
• Knowledge about manufacturing process and raw materials.
• Proven execution and delivering results capabilities.
• Proven communication & interpersonal competences.
• Fluent in English and Dutch, verbal and writing.
• ICT Knowledge: Business management systems, ERP-system (SAP) and other dedicated applications and Office systems. (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.