The WEC Drilling Engineer is responsible for assisting the PSD team to deliver safe, efficient, and reliable product and service delivery for our customers. The WEC Drilling Engineer develops and delivers optimized technical job designs for the area of responsibility. This person identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of service delivery and formally communicate findings, and supports the Product Line in risk management and apply lessons learned to improve job design. The WEC Drilling Engineer provides real-time support to PSD operations as required, and is responsible for the COSD (i.e. resource consumption.) Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Develop technical job designs as required for the Product Line.
- Identify areas where new and cost-effective techniques can be applied.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Provide technical support throughout the service delivery process.
- Understand and communicate value of technology and interpretations.
- Consult with relevant subject matter experts as required to optimize the technical design.
- Support the OU PSD and/or PSD Manager in the execution phase with design changes as required due to changes in job dimensions, resource availability, service quality incidents, etc.
- Assist in incident response, recovery, and incident investigation.
- Support multiple Product Line operations in a collaborative optimized job design.
- Assist sales and commercial team in evaluating technical viability and tenders.
- Analyze job execution vs. design and formally capture design improvements and optimization opportunities (lessons learned and best practices).
- Engineering Bachelor's Degree (Petroleum, Mechanical, or Chemical)
- 5+ years of job experience drilling engineering in the oil and gas industry.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer". For more information regarding your rights, refer to the latest version of the "EEO is the Law" poster, the "EEO is the Law-Supplement" poster, and the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision" located here: company website
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact company website to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.