Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Oilfield Pipeline Measurement Technician
to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining various types of equipment used in oil and gas production, including meters, gauges, sensors, and other measurement tools. The technician will ensure accurate and reliable data collection, analysis, and reporting of oilfield production and reserves. Schedule:
Full-time Mon-Fri - No Rotation Location support will include:
Texas to Louisiana; Alvin, TX, Conroe, TX or Sulphur LA Other:
Company Truck + Gas Card; Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K + Company Match, PTO/Vacation and more) Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Primary Duties include but not limited to the following:
Skills / Qualifications Requirements:
- Proving meters
- Inspection and Maintenance of meters as needed
- Maintain measurement calibration data and historical records
- Enter data into network databases
- Maintain proving equipment
- Perform verification/calibration on differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, chart recorders, and other measurement related ancillary equipment.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of over/short measurement situations
- Perform witnessing of meter proving.
- Prepare measurement tickets and associated paperwork to ensure accurate custody transfer of deliveries and receipts.
- Schedule, coordinate, perform and/or witness meter proving of custody transfer meters, control meters and densitometers.
- Maintain meter factor and densitometer trend data and perform and/or coordinate measurement equipment calibrations. Input all data on a timely basis to maintain the control chart database.
- Install, calibrate, and maintain measurement equipment such as flow meters, pressure gauges, temperature sensors, and other measuring devices.
- Collect and analyze data from the measuring equipment to ensure accurate and reliable readings.
- Perform regular maintenance and repair of measurement equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and determine necessary repairs or replacements.
- Work with other members of the production team to optimize production and improve efficiency.
- Communicate measurement data to production engineers, field supervisors, and other team members.
- Follow safety protocols and ensure that all work is conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Prepare reports and documentation on measurement data, equipment performance, and maintenance activities.
- Stay up-to-date with new measurement technologies and techniques and incorporate them into operations as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate's or bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in oil and gas measurement operations.
- Knowledge of oilfield production processes and equipment, including measurement devices, production separators, and pipelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Willingness to work in various weather conditions and in remote locations.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel as required.
#HarrisCounty Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.