Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities Job Purpose
To develop business opportunities and ensure that products and services meet the required quality standards, by designing and developing new, or modification of existing, products to meet actual or anticipated future customer needs.
The position is one of the main points of contact for the Product Development / Product Line Groups and Customer Services team who determine the product requirements, as well as Manufacturing and their support team for making the products in line with the design parameters determined by Engineering. The role is measured by the successful leading of assigned engineering projects, and accurate interpretation of product specification into effective designs/drawings that can be used to manufacture the products against time and quality requirements. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Cementation - (pouring, float shoes, baffle collars, etc).
- Exposure to Cementation products and operations.
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks within the established Product Development Process. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Strength of material problems
- Stress analysis
- Complex torque
- Complexed statics and dynamics
- Material selection
- Cost estimation
- Tolerance studies
- Modify existing products to meet internal or external customer requirements.
- Creates new engineering layouts for fit, form and function checking.
- Prepares calculations and design packages as required to complete design reviews.
- Prepares, checks and or directs the preparation of detailed drawings and layouts.
- Coordinates the manufacture of prototypes.
- Develops experimental test programs.
- Builds test tools and test fixtures in the test lab.
- Conducts experimental test programs .
- Analyses test data to determine if the product meets predetermined technical specifications.
- Participates in and understands the analysis of failures.
- Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of fundamental design tools such as threaded connections, seals, plated surfaces, heat treating, etc.
- Conducts the analysis of failures and makes recommendations.
- Performs advanced engineering tasks such as fluid dynamics, vibrations, etc
- Creates performance envelopes that show the limits of the tool to the customer.
- Coordinates all activities associated with technical developments, scheduling, budgeting, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Proactively develops and communicates design guidelines for the department.
Qualifications SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and the Environment.
- Regularly attends safety meetings and conducts all activities in a safe manner.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company's Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Policies.
- Understands and complies with the Enterprise Excellence Initiative.
- At least six (6) years of experience as a professional engineer or equivalent graduate level education.
- Independent engineer capable of pursuing the necessary information needed to make a decision and then make that decision, even when the information collected is less than complete.
- Microsoft office suite
- Proven technical problem-solving ability.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Working knowledge of downhole Oilfield tools with exposure to Cementation products as well as Rubber and Elastomer products.
- Creo/Pro-E, FEA/CFD design and detail
- Working knowledge of API 10F / 11D1 / ISO14310 / API 19LH as well other API specifications
- At least (8) eight years of mechanical design in downhole oilfield tools with exposure to Cementation products as well as Rubber and elastomer products.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering - with 6 years oilfield related experience.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE).
- Member of professional society such as the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) or the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME Equivalent).
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering - with 4 years Oilfield related experience.