The Scheduler implements and control the overall scheduling process from project conception to project completion whilst supporting a portfolio of projects. The Project Scheduler reports to the Projects Planning and Scheduling Lead.
- Support the delivery and maintenance of consistent and realistic plans and control structures for each project. Understand and monitor the interfaces between assigned project and other projects within the portfolio
- Develop the activities, logic, resources loading and progress to provide fully integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance
- Comply with planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently
- Support the overall schedule monthly progress update cycle, forecast, critical path, and trend analyses. Develop status reporting framework and provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management
- Interface with project engineering personnel to assist proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers. Assist with identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s)
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and incorporate into schedule progress updates
- Contribute to the development of the project risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods as appropriate
- Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float consumption and the release of schedule contingency
- Assist in the preparation of input data for benchmarking activities
- Deliver close out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work
- Maintain historical database of scheduling activities, durations, and overall cycle times
- Develop Schedule Basis to document how project plan was developed
- Coordinate assigned day to day activities and manage scheduling workload with contractors.
- Provide a schedule package appropriate for the project stage gate approval team.
The position functionally reports to the Projects Planning & Scheduling Lead. Routine co-workers will be the Project Engineers, Schedulers and Estimators.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree and minimum two (2) years, or six (6) years refining, manufacturing, or petrochemical experience in projects or turnarounds
- Minimum four (4) years direct experience in scheduling and planning for projects, turnarounds, and/or construction required
- Strong understanding of Project Controls
- Proficient using MS Office suite of software (Excel, Power Point, Outlook) including the use of pivot tables, vlookup, charts, and linking capabilities
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera P6; Certified P6 basic training module and advanced training module preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera P6; Certified P6 basic training module preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.