The Business Development Manager - Production Chemicals
is responsible for identifying key business development activities, developing the necessary requirements to win and keep new business contracts, and providing relationship and account management support for Production Chemistry products and services with identified accounts; all in accordance to the goals and objectives set forth by local and senior management.
She/ He reports to the Basin Sales and Commercial Manager or/and Production Chemistry ManagerMajor Responsibilities:
Communications / Relationships
- Driving business development activities within the assigned geographical area.
- Develop and execute comprehensive sales objectives, goals and strategies based on market needs and opportunities to achieve revenue, profitability and market growth objectives.
- Establish customer relations through presentations, meetings, trade shows, follow-up on marketing generated leads and other agreed upon methods.
- Attend meetings as needed and work closely with technical and sales to ensure all action items are completed on a timely manner.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with key customers
- Utilize and follow internal sales and operational protocols and processes (as required)
- May be required to handle customer sales responsibility in an effort to support 'headcount-to-revenue' goals and objectives on a short-term basis as new employees are hired to support revenue.
- May be required to travel overnight to and from remote locations to support Operational needs.
- Provide monthly sales & operations report to management and customers.
- Provide feedback and support of Production Chemistry's technical services/lab teams.
- Work directly with management to ensure all guidelines are being followed and communicated to sales department.
- Education - Degree / High School Diploma or equivalent / Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience - Minimum 20 years' experience, and fully conversant with upstream / midstream chemicals. Commodity and Specialty chemical recommendations and applications experience is essential. Recommendations and application types may include, but not limited to Upstream Water Management, Production and Pipeline Flow Assurance, and Asset Integrity and Reliability. Operational account management of Treater Truck and Delivery scheduling and application knowledge is required.
- Knowledge - Technical knowledge of chemical applications in oil & gas production. Complete understanding of oilfield processes is required. Chemistry and Metallurgy Application background in Paraffin, Corrosion, Scale and Hydrate Inhibition, Emulsion Breakers and Water Clarifiers, Scavengers, Dissolvers, Cleaners and Biocides.
- Sales & Leadership Skills - Candidates that have led technical, laboratory and sales teams, with Major Operators (Production Chemical business) in the region is desired. Customer relation skills and sales ability at various levels of the organization (Field Level to Executive Management) is essential. Technical communication skills (written and verbal) is desired. Leadership driving Quarterly and Annual Business Reviews that identify solution-driven value is required.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the desired location.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from SLB. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website