Snapshot of the role:
We are looking for a Process Engineer that has experience in design and plant operations. This role will give you a varied workload, working on development projects as well as having operational duties. Main role purpose:
The post holder undertakes process development, manufacturing improvement and technical support activities for assets. They also produce process engineering packages for major development projects including large (~?100m) projects such as a new salt plant and new hydrogen capacity. Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
Key skills and experience required:
- Maintain a good understanding of basis of safety and SHE regulatory requirements for the Runcorn Site, with particular emphasis on COMAH substances (such as hydrogen). Maintain up to date SHE documentation to ensure ongoing operation and plant developments meet expected standards of SHE performance.
- Provide the process engineering design specification for capital and revenue projects for Runcorn Site.
- Undertake timely and effective second level troubleshooting support to manufacturing in order to deliver SHE, volume, variable and fixed cost targets.
- Closely monitor plant and equipment performance so that early action can be taken to avoid escalation of SHE or manufacturing issues.
- Enhance process knowledge by organising and managing plant trials in order to improve the SHE, OEE, VPC and fixed cost performance of the assets at Runcorn Site.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- Full Chartered Member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (or actively working towards chartership).
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a process engineering position is preferred.
- Manufacturing plant and project support experience is required, with a particular preference for experience within the chlor-alkali sector.
- Strong commitment to SHE; good understanding of relevant SHE legislation and process SHE standards.
- Strong engineering skills and able to develop extensive knowledge of process engineering.
- Strong IT skills and familiar with PEL and other process engineering software.
- Strong understanding of cost / benefit economic analysis and budgeting.
- Competent in design, development and troubleshooting activities.
- Able to generate new ideas from self and from others.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.