Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Piping Designer for Milan office.
Skills / Qualifications
- Execution, ensuring quality and consistency, of common piping deliverables including: Plot Plan, 3D Model, Isometrics and Piping GA's
- Conversant in commonly used materials of construction, insulation and installed instruments
- A thorough understanding of common equipment and capable of routing all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&IDs and project standards, including the impact of specific service conditions on piping design
- Assure designs are ready for review and comments are correctly resolved.
- Understand discipline interfaces and how to influence impacts to the benefit of the project
- Interface with other disciplines
- Actively engages in the Piping comments on P&IDs
- Take a lead, hands-on approach, with responsibility for all piping design and layout in the assigned Projects including setting piping layout concepts, assuring quality and consistency and ensuring that safety, operation, maintenance and construction requirements are incorporated
- Execute the overall operation of the Piping Discipline with quality within the established man-hour budgets and Project schedule
- Execution of Piping Activities with 2D, 3D CAD System, including E3D and S3D
- Assure the application of all general piping international Codes and Standards and Client's requirements
- Technically qualified to bachelor's degree level in a relevant discipline, and / or a qualification equivalent to Eng. or Eng. Tech registration
- Detailed knowledge and proven application in all general piping design/layout aspects
- Fluent in Italian
- Good knowledge English Language
- Availability to assignment in Italy and abroad
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.