Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Geotechnical Engineer to support current and future workload within our subsea consultancy team. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. Be at the cutting edge of new and emerging technologies, pioneering more effective and environmentally friendly alternatives to conventional energy. The Role
Wood is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer / Civil engineer preferably with a postgraduate qualification in a geotechnical subject
to join our team in the Staines Office. We are an engineering consultancy supporting clients in various industry sectors across a diverse profile of global energy projects. As a member of our growing Staines business, you will be involved in the planning and design of onshore and offshore Energy infrastructure around the world.
The role requires experience with design and management of onshore and offshore geotechnical investigation campaigns, related to pipelines, structures and cable projects in addition to geotechnical design of infrastructure foundations, crossings, and pipelines as a prerequisite. Excellent report writing skills and the ability to provide guidance and support during design stages and the review of geotechnical interpretation and design documentation for foundations, earthworks, ground improvement etc...is essential.
If you have experience in these areas, enjoy partnering with the client to find technical solutions, improve efficiency and safety and resolving challenges then we would love to hear from you!" What we can offer:
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Typical Responsibilities
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across conventional energy, renewable and emerging energy sectors.
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business.
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market.
- Flexible benefits package ;
- Inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),
- Generous contributory pension scheme;
- Private medical cover;
- 4x base salary life insurance;
- All of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle.
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs, interests and goals.
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession. Become one yourself!
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide direction and guidance/review of geotechnical design, including foundations, deep excavations, earthworks, ground improvement
- Perform various tasks on multiple projects within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines; and
- Subsurface investigations and laboratory testing, development of geotechnical parameters based on the results of the investigation, and geotechnical design
- Manage geotechnical tasks that are self-performed or subcontracted to consultants such as;
- delivery of drawings and specifications
- geotechnical analyses and reports covering topics such as geotechnical investigations, earthwork, stability of slopes, bearing capacity and settlement of shallow and deep foundations, axial and lateral pile capacities, ground improvement, support of excavations, etc.
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. Even if you feel you don't have every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply.
- Graduated from an accredited university with a degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in civil, geotechnical, or related experience in geotechnical related documents and reports within onshore and offshore environments
- Experience with design and management of onshore and offshore geotechnical investigation campaigns, related to pipelines, structures and cable projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Member of an appropriate professional organisation and be at or working towards becoming chartered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to interact with and provide technical support to various project teams and client during various project stages
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.