Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford is hiring a Field Service Technician III for our Lloydminster facility. This is a hands-on, rewarding role that you'll repair and maintain equipment for the oil and gas industry. The Field Service Technician III will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
With a minimum of 3 years or equivalent as a Service Technician in combination with satisfactory performance review, the employee working in this position will be able to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision in conjunction with another employee and have the capability to both operate and be a swamper in a Service truck in an outdoor setting while traveling to and from customer locations. This person will also have the ability to work under various time crunches that arise while utilizing demonstrated problem-solving initiatives relating to servicing of oilfield equipment including dismantling, repairing, assembling and other duties as assigned. Work is outdoors and can be physically demanding in all types of weather conditions. Specific requirements for successful competency at this job level will include developing proficiency and becoming a subject matter expert in all types of oilfield equipment used by customers in the oilfield industry.
- Responsible for the servicing of oilfield equipment including dismantling, repairing, assembling, and other duties assigned by your supervisor. Work is outdoors and can be physically demanding and in all types of weather conditions.
- Required travel to well site locations and assists in servicing/ troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line of the service department
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision and ability to deal with customers as required relating to servicing of equipment.
- To be fully qualified, as determined by the supervisor to independently service all of the following eight types of oilfield equipment:
- Rotaflex Units
- VSH Units
- PTS Units
- Complete field ticket submission & Salesforce entries in timely manner ensuring work is completed accurately and legibly.
- Safe operations of Weatherford company vehicles in compliance with:
- Company policy
- External customer requirements
- Government regulations (Department of Transportation standards)
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate required equipment associated with position
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of company vehicles and equipment being used as it related to the equipment they are operating as well as shop cleanliness during times while the employee is in the Service Shop
- Responsible for complying with safety reporting requirements and complying with all safety regulations relating to both Weatherford and External customers. This includes reporting requirements as designated by the dispatch supervisor and reviewing/ completing required Job Safety Analysis (JSA) as it related to the task being performed on customer property.
- Reporting any injury/ damage to the supervisor including keeping equipment cleaned, lubricated, and maintained.
- To be aware of all safe operating procedures for any piece of equipment that you may be asked to operate or use in your day-to-day activities. If you are not aware of the safe operating procedures be prepared to ask.
- Be prepared to work as part of a Team. Realize that what you are doing and the support that you provide impacts the performance of the department and failure to perform to the standard expected will affect the reputation of the company in the eyes of our customers.
- To attend safety meetings and be prepared to contribute ideas and suggestions on the safe running of the department.
- Be prepared to work overtime hours, as workload requires.
- To cooperate with your co-workers and supervisor and work with them to produce consistent quality service.
- Work towards having complete knowledge of the product lines that are particular to our service area.
- Work towards an understanding of the VSH and Rotaflex Units and problems that will be evident if you do not carry out your tasks within the procedural guidelines expected.
- Be prepared to inform your Supervisor of anything that may affect the performance of the product that you are currently working on.
- Listen to your peers and learn from their advice and experience.
- Strive to become the best in what you do and realize that you are part of a team and that poor workmanship on your part will affect the company.
- To follow and support continual process improvements, problem solving initiatives and ensure quality workmanship, safe and careful handling of all tools and machines. To participate in the required training programs and provide feedback on quality, safety, security, and environmental issues to the Supervisor
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Capability of working overtime
- Demonstrated teaching, mentoring, supervision qualities.
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
- Quality first attitude
- Ability to follow set work instructions both from binder and computer.
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Successfully completing required safety courses as designated by Weatherford
- Attention to detail
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Prior engine assembly or oilfield experience an asset