Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is urgently sourcing for Cost Engineer to join our strengthen our team in Manila. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Maintains a constant follow-up of Project Planning for design and material delivery, detects trends that require schedule control action and keep the fabrication team informed of any change
- Responsible for progress monitoring and reporting, provide the status, performance, and projected completion date for each element of the work
- Monitor correct implementation of Fabrication Status database with contractor
- Monitor proper progress input in Fabrication status database managed by Contractor fabrication team.
- Monitors the evolution (schedules/progress), anticipating trends or possible deviations to quantify their impact on the overall schedule.
- Provides status and quantities of work performed and maintains manpower forecast, progress curves and histograms.
- Collect daily manpower reports produced by Contractor.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for yard management team and employer.
- Prepare the presentation for the monthly management meeting with the support of the yard management team.
- Generates reports depicting progress comparisons, manpower, productivity comparisons and establishes necessary schedule revisions and any changes of construction logic.
- Identifies and summarises existing or potential area of concerns.
- Advises the Yard management team on Cost Control.
- Issues the Site Monthly Cost Report.
- Allocate detailed budget for Yard Supervision manpower, Vendors, local purchasing and Yard Direct Costs.
- Prepare and maintains tools to monitor quantities and cost for Construction, Supervision, Running Costs, Vendors, and local purchasing.
- Check and approve all commitments (Service Orders, Purchase Orders, Work Orders, Employee requisitions) and all invoices issued at Yard.
- Provide adequate reporting to Yard Manager for commitments, forecast vs budget.
- Propose and Control corrective actions to maintain Project budget objectives.
- Identify and quantify construction risks and opportunities.
- Monthly issue of a Cost Report to MFY Area Project Manager.
- Evaluate cost impact of claims and deviations from Subcontractor.
- Participate of the cost evaluation of the Yard Change Orders in relation with the Yard Contract Manager
- Participate to the quarterly issue of the Yard Cost/Accounting Reconciliation
- Appropriate technical qualification or equivalent experience and minimum 8 years' practical experience in planning of minor and / or major projects, both offshore and onshore, in the oil and gas industry
- Ability to provide information and handle priorities in a timely and accurate manner
- Proficient in the use of standard desk top software, data compilation and manipulation and competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly
- Proven ability to work to demanding project schedules
- Good interpersonal, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix - type organizational environment
- Exhibit good data analysis and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of computerized support systems (SAP)
- Worked in an EPC environment
- Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.