Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently hiring a Senior Piping Engineer with experience in oil and gas, hydrocarbon refinery, offshore, mining or infrastructure industries having engineering design project experience.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for piping design, plant layout, piping stress concepts and general requirements from construction, maintenance, and operability point of view.
- Originate new and revise existing engineering deliverables.
- Revise and check engineering deliverables against company procedures, standards, and checklists.
- Supervise engineering work being produced by juniors.
- Conduct and receive trainings related to job as required.
- Planning and completion of work within allocated man-hours effectively and plan work to avoid slippage.
- Interfaces, coordinates and communicate effectively with the Project Manager and other team members.
- Delegation and distribution work as well as manage billability of team.
- Coordinates with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensure that other disciplines input are incorporated.
- Go for site visits and verify site conditions and markup drawings/perform as-built activities.
- Manage deliverables submission with required quality checks and proper management of record.
- Technical report writing and preparation of presentations.
- Full knowledge of Aramco, Sabic and Royal commission standards.
- Technical bid evaluation, Vendor document review and subcontract scope management.
- BS Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years' experience in piping design
- Minimum 3 years' experience in team supervision
- Able to prepare independently plot plans, piping plans, isometrics, stress inputs, support selection, MTOs, pipe calculations, hydrostatic test diagrams, datasheets, cutover plans, material selection, executing 3D model review session
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.