Well-designed & employee-centric HR policies are at the core of what we offer to our employees, and at the same time - they set foundations for processes & procedures around which all HR departments operate. The role will give you a unique opportunity to contribute to the HR policy agenda & support your HR colleagues in creating excellent HR experiences for our staff.Where You Fit In?
As Policy, Benefits & Services Advisor for Germany, you will be a part of HR Country Operations DACH, working closely with HR Advice, HR Country Operations, HR Policy and Benefits Germany and Payroll Services Germany. In your role, you will own & execute a selective range of sensitive HR processes and you will support the implementation & delivery of local policies and benefits agenda for Germany, at the same time playing an important role in building policy knowledge within HR Country Operations DACH & serving as subject matter expert for your HR colleagues.What is the Role?
We are looking for an ambitious & energetic individual to strengthen the Policy, Processes & Systems DACH. The successful candidate will play an active role in the preparation, implementation and delivery of local HR policies & processes in close collaboration with the HR Policy and Benefits Germany, Payroll Services Germany and Process & System Specialists.
He/she will have full ownership over periodic payroll processes and activities including i.a. management of annual One Time Payments, Tarif increases and Azubi reclassifications; ELStAM updates, PKV administration and reporting activities.
Additionally, he/she will be supporting DACH Country Operations in shaping best employee experiences, playing an active role in knowledge management, contributing to the CI agenda, and supporting colleagues in HR Advice and HR Operations in dealing with challenging employee questions.
The successful candidate will be able to further deepen his/her knowledge of Shell HR policies and rationales underlying them, develop problem solving and decision-making skills, master stakeholder management & communication skills and get some background knowledge of finance.Principal accountabilities:
What We Need from You?
- Timely & independently execute a variety of periodic HR processes
- Manage ad hoc reporting and mass uploads (EIB/LMSW) where required
- Provide policy advice and support resolution of complex and sensitive cases;
- Play an active role in building policy knowledge among colleagues from HR Operations and HR Advice;
- Make contributions to existing HR policies, proactively identifying opportunities for simplification & improvement of employee experience; contribute to DACH CI agenda;
- Support HR Policy and Benefits Germany and Payroll Services Germany in development & implementation of local policies and processes;
- Actively build and manage good partnership with business partners (finance, third parties, government agencies).
Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in an HR department and a solid knowledge of global and local (DE) HR policies & processes as well as HR Systems.
We expect curiosity and ability to understand rationale and intent behind policies and how they translate into practical application in order to provide expertise advice in response to business needs. We look for ownership and diligence in execution of processes from assigned portfolio.Skills and experience that we are looking for include:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (English), including business writing skills
- Service excellence & employee centric mindset
- CI drive & ability to identify gaps/wastes and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively work across and beyond organizational boundaries
- Ability to work on complex cases individually with minimal supervision
- Solid knowledge of Shell People and Workday
- Knowledge of ACH policies and processes will be an asset
- Fluency in German will be an asset