A major operator in the UK is heavily invested in their energy transition and therefore are looking for an Electrical Engineer to work on an exciting EV charging project. Their mission is to create the fastest and most convenient charger network in the markets we operate in.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious position in a fast-growing business, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it as they shape the EV charging market in key regions.
This Electrical Engineer role plays a key part in the EV roll out through oversight and verification of the standardised engineering delivery and detailed engineering solutions/review cycles. The role will also provide front line technical query support to the installation contractors to support timely quality and schedule delivery
Success is contributing to the fast-paced role out of this unique charging solution, through quality design solutions whilst facing the challenges of complex brownfield and greenfield sites.Key accountabilities:
- Play a key role in delivering the EV charge points in the UK
- Support the Engineering Team Lead in creating a standard design model that can be deployed, and quality detailed design products for the installation of the chosen solutions
- Provide engineering assurance through the technical review of contractor design deliverables
- Support all teams during site appraisal, network planning, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning/go-live
- Support the risk management process on the projects
- Anticipate on future standards and technology to optimize time and materials substance of any projects
- Support the continuous improvement of technical practices and processes
- Support key engineering management processes to maintain the roll out of EV chargers on time and within budget, in an efficient and safe manner
- Alert the Project Manager and the and Engineering Team Lead on any identified risks within his / her responsibility.
- Capture Lessons Learned through engineering and installation delivery and ensure Continuous Improvement throughout our EV deployments
- Support interactions or contribute to negotiations with DNO/DSO and TSO.
- University degree in electrical engineering
- A strong track record in engineering delivery within projects or in supporting complex project management involving Hardware solutions in the EV infrastructure world
- An understanding of the standards and protocols of the industry
- An understanding of Grid access constraints and LV / MV / HV connections.
- A strong track record in performing technical reviews of 3 rd party design drawings, calculations and reports
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Fluent in English
- Technical and engineering roll out in the EV field
- An understanding of Microgrid and Smart Grid concept and general design.
- Broad professional experience in engineering and project management delivery.
- Sound knowledge of EV charging technology and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks and how they are integrated.
- Direct experience of industry standards in the EV space.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent (working towards with imminent application would be considered)
- Experience in the design and build of or within hydrocarbon forecourts
- An understanding of the management of design and construction phase compliance with the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations: 2015
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.