Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Bentley Syncro 4D Planner
to join our Life Sciences (Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals
) team within our Raleigh, NC office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. While this position will report into our Raleigh, NC location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the RTP area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia and RTP offices have become the Centers of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. Excellent organization and communication skills are important for this position.
As part of the Construction function and reporting to the project team, the Synchro 4D Planner is responsible for development and maintenance of the 4D Planning tool for the project.
4D Planning is a powerful method of visualizing the project's sequence and plan as related to the 3D model provided from our Engineering tools. Key Accountabilities & Responibilities
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Willing to travel and work on project sites
- Loading the project's 3D model and P6 schedule into Bentley Synchro 4D planning tool
- Updating the Bentley Synchro 4D planning tool on a regular basis based on 3D model and P6 schedule development
- Collaboration with BIM team, Planners, and Construction team to ensure alignment and quality of 3D models and P6 plans
- Build advanced task filters, viewpoints, standard libraries and appearances in Synchro to ensure consistent appearance of 4D animations
- Ensure 4D plans are developed to ensure safe practices
- Work with the project team to outline the future development and expansion of the use of Synchro
- Participation in the weekly, monthly and 90-day project lookahead schedule reviews to demonstrate visually the results of the plan for the purpose of identifying potential constraints and successes
- Providing periodic animations and storyboards to project management and customer stakeholders
- Continually influencing the project's schedule with the end in mind; system turnover and physical completion
- Supporting Construction Work Packaging (CWP) scoping, planning, and visualization
- Hosting regular Bentley Synchro 4D model review sessions with the project team
- Coordinates across functions, both peer-to-peer and vertically, to develop tangible execution strategies
- Communicates execution plans and strategies to project and site management, other key project stakeholders, and customer personnel where appropriate
- Train, develop and support others in the use of Synchro 4D as the capability grows within the company
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience using Bentley Synchro 4D in all aspects of utilization and set up.
- Familiar and has some experience using Primavera P6 & 3D modeling tools (i.e., Navisworks, Revit, etc.)
- Typically requires ISCED level 6 (Bachelors) Degree in a relevant technical or business discipline (or equivalent gained through relevant vocational training and/or industry experience)
Level of experience will reflect level of job role with those in senior positions having the following:
- Several years of Synchro 4D experience working in a project execution environment
- Ability to help teams define strategic direction for the purpose of developing practical action plans
- Ability to 'think outside the box' to help resolve challenges and roadblocks as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in Engineering, Construction Management, or Project Controls is required
- Demonstrates commitment to Wood Values, Visions & Behaviors
- Applies analytical and statistical analysis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Uses initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.