Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Mining & Minerals currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Project Engineer
. Reporting to the Manager, Projects, this position is located in our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan office. This role has responsibility for the effective planning and supervision of engineering and design activities within a mining projec t.
Come be your very best YOU at Wood.
Wood is one of Canada's longest standing engineering firms with roots dating back to 1907 with a presence in Saskatchewan for over 60 years - The Saskatoon office is the Potash Centre of Excellence and leaders in uranium, lithium and other base metals with multi-discipline expertise leading sustaining capital and all phases of projects from concept studies up to large scale EPCM projects.
Come join the elite Wood team!!
Why Wood - you ask ? It's an opportunity to:
- Join the Potash Centre of Excellence - working with, learning from and becoming world-class experts!
- Grow YOUR career with a team that truly cares about your personal development and advancement.
- Enjoy Hybrid / Flexible working options
- Work on challenging, innovative and sustainable solutions for potash, lithium, uranium and base metal projects
- Collaborate with our national & global mining teams
- Work on projects abroad - we have offices in 30 countries worldwide
- Enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes: progressive matching RRSP's, medical, dental, parental leave, employee / family assistance / mental wellness programs, among many others)
Skills / Qualifications
- Assist the Project Manager and/or Engineering Manager with the definition of the scope of engineering services to be provided
- Assist in directing and coordinating the activities of the multi discipline engineering team and coordinating with sub consultants, if necessary
- Monitor engineering, procurement and/or construction progress
- Chair project meetings and ensure that schedules are progressing
- Review cost control forecasts (engineering costs as well as capital costs)
- Compile construction contract packages, if necessary
- Manage documentation and data, and participate in quality assurance audits
- Minimum of 5 years engineering or operations experience focusing on heavy industrial projects including at least 2 years in a project engineering / management role
- Professional Affiliation (P. Eng) in the Province of Saskatchewan or eligible to register with the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) will be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Effective organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Strong track record of successful project completion
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.