Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager
to join our Mining and Minerals office Saskatoon, SK.
This role has overall responsibility for overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports as well as for the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations. The
Come be your very best YOU at Wood.
Wood is one of Canada's longest standing engineering firms with roots dating back to 1907 with a presence in Saskatchewan for over 60 years - The Saskatoon office is the Potash Centre of Excellence and leaders in uranium, lithium and other base metals with multi-discipline expertise leading sustaining capital and all phases of projects from concept studies up to large scale EPCM projects.
Come join the elite Wood team!!
Why Wood - you ask ? It's an opportunity to:
- Join the Potash Centre of Excellence - working with, learning from and becoming world-class experts!
- Grow YOUR career with a team that truly cares about your personal development and advancement.
- Enjoy Hybrid / Flexible working options
- Work on challenging, innovative and sustainable solutions for potash, lithium, uranium and base metal projects
- Collaborate with our national & global mining teams
- Work on projects abroad - we have offices in 30 countries worldwide
- Enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes: progressive matching RRSP's, medical, dental, parental leave, employee / family assistance / mental wellness programs, among many others)
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensure the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Act as a technical professional resource for the successful competition of multiple major challenging projects
- Develop and maintain communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing first class engineering services
- Oversee the development of project budgets, schedules and reports
- Monitor engineering, procurement and/or construction progress
- Chair project meetings and ensure that schedules are progressing
- Review cost control forecasts (engineering costs as well as capital costs)
- Gather up to date information first hand at sites, meeting with clients and constantly monitor work performances
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum of 8 years engineering or operations experience focusing on heavy industrial projects including at least 2 years in a project management role
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Effective organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Strong track record of successful project completion
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset
- A willingness to travel for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.