Would you love to design the future of energy products?Are you an engineer with a commercial focus?Join our customer focused team
Our Industry & Energy Technology (IET) team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Our team plays an integral role by helping the business plan for the future.Partner with the best
As a Customer Application Engineer, you'll own the project control activity globally and drive consistent functional specifications and common global processes for projects implementation You'll manage activities to better understand or ultimately meet the expectations of the customer. You'll show comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function.
As a Customer Application Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Providing technical expertise and developing technical solutions (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team.
- Showing deep understanding of relevant markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies. To include 'ITO': Technical analysis of client need: definition and optimization of the products; scope (description); schedule; industrial scheme; cost, considering contract and internal policies and procedures.
- Calculating plant, system and equipment performance and efficiency, managing documentation of technical specifications & costing elements for further contract execution phases. This also includes OTR part where engineers work on customizing the products and implementing it for specific customer needs
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Communicating across direct organization, presenting to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
- Connecting the dots across technologies and develop cross-technology solutions; working on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering fields with proven experience of at least 3 years in Customer Application Engineering within O&G Industry
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills for preparing proposals, conducting meetings, answering sales/customer questions and writing/explaining technical aspects
- Be able to show good problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills along with interpersonal and leadership skills
- Be happy to travel both to regional and international locations to work with customers on site
- Be fluent in Italian and English (oral and written) and have excellent all-round communication skills
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.