Lead Process Engineer for Carbon Capture and Clean Power SolutionsWould you like to bring Energy forward by delivering innovative solutions to Customers?Want to leverage your expertise and network in a fast-moving energy transition environment?Join our team that innovates with technology!
We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. We have pledged to reduce these emissions by 50% by 2030, on our way to achieving net-zero emissions by 2050. You can be a major part of this journey.Partner with the best
Support the development, optimization, and execution of process solutions for CO2 Capture processes based on aqueous solutions, i.e., mixtures of amines, ammonia (Chilled Ammonia Process) or ammonia plus salts (Mixed Salt Process), as well as the development of Clean Power and Hydrogen Production solutions included in BH portfolio
As a Lead Process Engineer for Carbon Capture and Clean Power Solutions, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Participating to the full process design starting from early project stages supporting feasibility study, pre-FEED, FEED and EPC activities to position new BH technologies and solutions, you could also be involved in BH Core technologies as Gas Treatment and Compression Process Plant development.
- Performing simulations for the CO2 capture process plant or geothermal plant with the use of software Aspen Plus, Hysys, Promax, Unisim.
- Executing process deliverables such Heat & Material Balance, pressure drops and hydraulic calculations, Process Narratives and lists
- Executing sizing and development of main process equipment as column and column's internals, pumps, heat exchangers, vessels etc.
- Developing drawings as PFDs, P&IDs up to 'as built' level
- Participating and contributing to design reviews and safety reviews (Hazid, Hazop, FERA, FMEA, etc.) from conceptual to detailed design.
- Participating in technology screening and assessments with reference to latest information from industry and literature. Supporting experimental test campaigns for the validations of optimized process configurations.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a MSc. in Chemical engineering.
- Have proven experience in process engineering and carbon capture technology, including a general understanding of solvent selection and its impact on the process design. Mixed Salt Process and Chilled Ammonia Process technologies specific expertise will be considered preferential.
- Have experience in process and engineering design activities related to syngas and hydrogen production units (including water-gas-shift and PSA) as well as methane combustion and pyrolysis technologies.
- Have expertise in Geothermal process engineering design.
- Display knowledge of International Codes like API, ANSI, ASME
- Have experience working in a team involved in design and development of new products.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluency in English is essential.
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.