PRINCIPAL RISK ENGINEER
Our Client's UK Integrity Management offices are growing fast and they are currently supporting their global client base with the transition to greener sources of energy, with the repurposing of existing pipeline networks in readiness for Hydrogen a big focus.
To continue this growth, our Client's Aberdeen Office require a Principal Engineer to deliver Risk related consultancy projects to external customers and internal groups. This individual would have a strong technical background in risk assessment.
The role will involve working with engineers and technicians at all levels and from other disciplines within the business on commercial client projects as well as internal R&D initiatives.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven track record working directly with customers in an engineering consultancy environment
- Experience of facilitating risk workshops
- SME level Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessment knowledge
- Experience in Consequence of Failure Modelling
- Strong background in risk identification and mitigation processes
- Ability to develop and implement risk tools and processes
- Solid knowledge of relevant pipeline industry worldwide codes, standards and best practices
- A good communicator with a track record in delivering technical presentations and developing reports
- Technical leadership and mentoring of junior engineers
Advantageous Skills & Experience
- Experience in pipeline integrity management and risk analysis
- Previous experience with the development and implementation of pipeline / plant risk algorithms
- Knowledge of inspection techniques including in-line inspection (ILI)
- Experience of working with integrity management software systems
- Development of Technical and Commercial Proposals
- The role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and permanent
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible and Hybrid working available
- Excellent Training & Development opportunities
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally and internationally when required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.