Overview / Responsibilities Wood
is currently recruiting for a Solution Architect
to join our Digital Consulting team based in the UK. The ideal candidate will have consulting experience and be interested in engaging with and providing digital solutions to clients as part of their digital transformation journey.
Wood has a number of offices located throughout the UK and flexibility in working location is offered, with hybrid office/home working and remote working solutions available. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. The Role Key Responsibilities
What we can offer
- Expert in integration and architecture techniques, understands the challenges and complexities to be able to apply the correct designs and patterns for diverse business challenges.
- Creates technical designs, solutions, and architectures for projects for both new and existing solutions and technology through to business as usual implementation.
- Reviews and assesses external provider solutions, ensuring they meet business needs and constraints.
- Produces relevant project documentation in accordance with internal and third-party project delivery processes.
- Documents complex "as is" and "to be" processes and systems and describes the changes required to migrate to the "to be" capability to record accurately the change required.
- Understands technical governance and participates in or deliver the assurance of a service both working with internal teams as well as third party providers and vendors.
- Identifies and applies emerging technology solutions for potential cost reductions or business improvement.
- Creates proof of concepts and prototypes to demonstrate improvements and new technologies.
- Practices continuous innovation and proactively suggests improvements and sees these through to implementation and delivery.
- Assists in the development of cost-effective roadmaps for the retirement of legacy applications, infrastructure and technology and migration to new solutions.
- Leads, motivates, and develops team members to ensure they have the skills and competencies required to achieve both individual and shared team goals.
- Promotes knowledge share and wider team development across digital and information technology teams.
- Resolves complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- As a subject matter expert on the team, maintains an understanding of current technology, product and domain knowledge, database management, programming practices, and future trends through ongoing self-learning.
- Ensures integration architecture patterns are aligned to the future design of strategic applications.
- Ensures that the solution architectures are aligned with business, technology, and data strategies.
- Champions modern application development, deployment and security practices and embeds these in processes, procedures and systems used and built during the development process.
- Drives advances in solutions and architectures to increase the value delivered by technology and digital capabilities, either through improvements to the efficiency of technology environment or through those that reduce the total cost of technology operations.
- Creates and maintains internal infrastructure standards.
- Conducts architecture, design, and code reviews and advocates for technical excellence while being open to change when needed.
- Resolves technical disputes among wider peers and indirect stakeholders, taking into account all views, opinions and facts.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant -
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree
- 5+ years' experience in a related role
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development
- Solid understanding of digital, infrastructure or software systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with nontechnical staff over technical issues
- High levels of integrity and ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment and provide leadership to those around them.
- The ability to solve problems with many variables and unique situations
- Passionate about delivering a first-class service and the drive to resolve incidents quickly and to the clients satisfaction.
- A strong drive to continuously improve self around professional and personal development.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.