Process Control Engineer is responsible for delivering the front-end planning, development and engineering of a portfolio of strategic PACO projects in support of the site business plan and long-term strategic objectives. This role is accountable for all project deliverables per the Shell Opportunity Realization Process for IDENTIFY/ASSESS and SELECT project phases and will facilitate the handover to the Projects Execution organization during DEFINE phase. The PACO Project Development Engineer will drive business value through proactive problem solving, assurance and long-term thinking.
- Develop high level scoping definition at a conceptual level for PACO projects. Develop technical definition documents (Basis for Design) and cost estimates at a Decision Gate 3 level (+/- 30% accuracy).
- Provide technical guidance and review for MOCs and Capital projects.
- He or she can communicate proactively with the local site stakeholders (process, technology, instrumentation, operations, and process control) and adheres to the local site procedures.
- Drive the effective preparation of high-quality project deliverables for IDENTIFY/ASSESS and SELECT project phases for a select suite of PACO-themed projects. Ensures the deliverables are fit-for-purpose and are aligned with the Shell Opportunity Realization process, enabling quality decision making at Project Decision Gates.
- Coordinate the involvement of other engineering disciplines as required and ensure project justification and business case development is robust and aligned with site objectives.
- Ensure REVEX funds are managed and spent according to approved budgets and support the tracking and reporting of monthly and yearly spend forecasts.
- Collaborate with Projects Leaders to ensure a smooth, effective transition of projects into the DEFINE and EXECUTE phases.
- Support the team in preparing and presenting projects at DG1/2/3, enabling robust decisions to be made regarding project progression to the next phase.