Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Digital Consulting (DC) is currently seeking expression of interest applicants for a CAD Instrument Drafter with experience in the oil and gas industry to support our UK project.
The Drafter will be working with the project Instrument Design Engineers to design all the instrument and control works assigned and ensure all drafting works are completed in accordance with the approved project schedule, standards and within allocated man-hours.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Applicants must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. Responsibilities / Duties:
Skills / Qualifications
- Comply with all company and customer procedures, engineering/drafting practices and other standards
- Read and fully understand Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's), Loop drawings, ISOs, wiring and hook-up diagrams
- With minimal supervision prepares simple to complex engineering P&ID drawings, Loop drawings, ISOs, wiring and hook-up diagrams
- With minimal direction performs P&ID, Loop drawings, ISOs, wiring and hook-up diagrams updates from basic red-line (as-built) data supplied
- Demonstrates proficient skills in CAD utilizing client's current version of AutoCad and Document Management Systems
- Demonstrates knowledge of ISA and Piping, Loop drawings, ISOs symbology
- Proficient in identifying in field; instruments, mechanical equipment and piping components
- Ability to create, modify and maintain P&ID, Loop drawings, ISOs, wiring and hook-up diagrams drawings using proper drafting standards and follows Management of Change (MOC) redline comments
- Ability to apply client Engineering Standards as part of day-to-day technical support of assignments
- Ability to interpret Engineering mark-ups and accurately make drawing corrections
- Ability to field as-built P&IDs, Loop drawings, ISOs, wiring and hook-up diagrams relative to design of project scope and/or common field changes for Project Closures
- Maintain cooperative, efficient, and good team working environment
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
- Good level of industrial experience working in; P&ID, Loop drawings, ISOs Drafting
- Experience in piping equipment and piping components as currently used in Oil and Gas environment
- Proficiency in AutoDesk AutoCAD and MS products; Teams, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Awareness / use of Navisworks
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.