Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
To supervise Purchasing team to ensure purchasing responsibilities, in accordance with company procedures, are executed to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the Purchasing Function. Functions
- Responsible for the supervision of Buyers ensuring full compliance with company and department procedures
- Maintain Purchasing Performance metrics and Monitor Supplier Performance metrics, taking action where appropriate
- Set individual development plans and give performance feedback to reporting buyers
- Liaison with suppliers, internal departments and internal customers
- Assure well-formed Purchase Orders and purchasing documentation are created.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring progress both financially and in respect of service levels
- Assist AAME Management in onboarding of new suppliers
- Lead cost avoidance and reduction actions; reporting buyer savings on a monthly basis
- Assist Global Inventory team in control of inventory levels to ensure correct levels of stock maintained to meet the needs of the Oceaneering operations
- Follow Financial Policies
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure compliant with Purchasing Procedures
- Assist with invoice anomalies where required by liaising with supplier and Accounts Payable
- Raise Non Conformance Reports where required
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment. Other
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
Reporting Relationship Qualifications Qualifications
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Business and/or Purchasing related qualification
Significant experience in supervisory role
Extensive experience in purchasing
Working experience of inventory ordering and control
Experience in purchasing Oil & Gas services and products Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics GOOD COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - WRITTEN AND VERBAL
ABILITY TO WORK ON OWN INITIATIVE AND AS PART OF TEAM
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal customers, suppliers and direct reports and management
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to work on own initiative and make decisions and/or recommendations
- Ability to work with and lead others to achieve goals
- Self motivated
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.