Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument & Automation Engineer. He is responsible for the design and approval of all instrument works on the area assigned to him, and ensure all instrument engineering works are completed in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated man-hours.
- Review and comment PFD / P&ID for any control / interlock / safety related representations. Ensure that all comments are consistent and are included in the drawings according to the applicable procedure
- Participate in HAZOP / SIL review meeting. Implement safety instrument design as per HAZOP / SIL review reports, performing the calculation of SIL definitions and preparing safety requirement specifications
- Update P&ID and instrument structure design for the SIL requirements
- Prepare / review / develop specifications of DCS / SIS / F&G systems and any other PLC related systems
- Prepare the control system requirement for package units, support package specialists for MR, technical clarification and bid evaluations, document review and approval. Coordinate the interfaces between package unit control system and plant control systems
- Review and approve vendor documents for incorporation into the design and co-ordination with other disciplines. Provide the input to other disciplines, such as electrical consumption for electrical power supply design, heat dissipation for ACMV design, weight and dimension for civil / architecture design
- Prepare cause & effect matrix, logic diagrams, control narratives and safety narratives, any other necessary control & ESD system related documents for the system configurations
- Perform the calculation of SIL verifications and revise the instrument design structures where required
- Review and check the all the activities and documents required for the lifecycles of the safety instrumented system. Review and approve suppliers' hardware and software configuration
- Design of control room layout
- Instruct and advise instrument design team for the control system hardware and cabling installation design, system cabinet earthing and grounding design
- Prepare instrument bill of quantity and subcontractor requisition for control system hardware installation work
- Review / comment / approve supplier's test procedures; attend FAT / SAT and follow up with any punch list. Prepare functional test procedures for loop testing when requested by client
- Require extensive and independent contact with clients, vendor's representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in coordination meetings required.
- Lead a team of Engineers and Designers to execute a project
- Direct and / or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering with at least 15 years of experience and well versed in Concept Design, Basic Design and Detail engineering (EPC) of pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical industries.
- Extensive knowledge of designing, implementing and supporting pharmaceutical manufacturing automation solutions. Batch 88 experience is required.
- Good knowledge of international codes (IEC, BS, ISA etc.) & industry standards (FDA 21 CFR Part 11, ISA S88, cGAMP etc) followed in engineering of Automation in Pharma plants.
- Broad working knowledge of automation engineering
- Knowledge of DCS / PLC based system and Field Instrumentation. Familiar with PC based design software for sizing of instruments Preparation of requisition and procurement of instruments and control system
- Familiar with Instrumentation design and drafting activities including 3D Design, Navisworks, etc. Hands on experience with Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) will be an added advantage
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.