Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist Operations Lead with the planning, direction, and coordination of the operations of Survey Services activities as related to equipment required to support the overall area operations. Ensures the support, maintenance, planning, mobilization, and demobilization activities are efficiently and effectively directed and supported.
Manages the onshore preparation, repair, and maintenance of all Survey Services equipment to include surface positioning, subsea acoustics, AUV and ROV survey sensors, conventional geophysical and light geotechnical and support equipment.
- Oversee all survey equipment, inventory, availability, inspection, repair, maintenance, compliance, calibrations.
- Define work scope requirements for repair and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Oversee receiving, offloading, and staging of offshore equipment returned to base.
- Responsible for the coordination, commercial negotiations, availability, and readiness of 3 rd party rental equipment.
- Verify that maintenance standards comply with Oceaneering maintenance standards, manufacturer recommendations and regulatory requirements.
- Assist Technical Support Lead, Product Manager, Business Leads, and Commercial Managers as required in equipment selection, asset readiness profiles, cost for preparation estimates, approval for expense preparations and other inputs required in the support of area projects/installations.
- Perform personnel reviews for the equipment coordinators and technicians.
- Responsible for hiring of professional staff with training, cross-training, and competency advancements.
- Prepare and maintain budgets, review, and approve equipment repair costs and manage cost reporting.
- Accountable for proper supervision of any subcontract personnel as required.
- Participates in all HSE, Quality and Operational Excellence initiatives.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- As directed by Operations Lead, ensures readiness status of all equipment in location of responsibility
- Accountable for the supervision of tracking Survey assets.
- Readiness of all offshore and onshore survey equipment
- All process changes and/or implementations are completed and maintained across the area of given responsibility to ensure consistency and operational excellence.
- Responsible for Repair and Maintenance cost tracking numbers.
- As required, discuss with Local Operations Lead the readiness of equipment to support upcoming requirements and ongoing projects.
- As required, discuss with Project Managers and SCM the equipment selection, preparedness, and delivery.
- As required, discuss with local technical and engineering support, any new or ongoing support requirements.
- As required, discuss with Quality and HSE regarding any new or ongoing support requirements.
- High School Graduate
- Technical degree or some college preferred.
- Ten (10) years' experience with Surface and Subsea Survey & Positioning and Geosciences equipment or a combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications and PeopleSoft ERP System experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect .
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences .
- Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked or required .
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.