Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an Architectural Professional (Architect II)
to join our Life Sciences (Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals
) team within our Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, we have a hybrid office and are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We are looking for a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual with the ability to participate in all phases of project design. The Architect II will be mentored by senior Architects and will support the development of design documents. The candidate should understand the technical aspects of architecture and desire to continue growing withing the Life Sciences industry. This individual needs to have excellent technical skills and be proficient in computer-aided design software. The candidate should possess excellent communication and customer service skills, and should have the creativity to shape innovative, unique designs. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of Life Science industry projects ranging from existing building modifications/retrofit to new greenfield facilities. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications
- Be part of Architectural team capable of providing design solutions for the Conceptual, Schematic and Detailed Design Phases of a project.
- Research, program, plan, design, and administer building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Generate design drawings and other documents under supervision of Lead Architect/Project Architect.
- Plan and program project layouts, coordinate and integrate engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Produce construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit. Including the ability to produce 2D and 3D design drawings from reference information such as rough sketches, notes, vendor drawings, or general direction from others.
- Ensure that design is compliant with industry codes including cGMP requirements, standards, regulations, Building Codes, etc.
- Rework and modify designs based on comments and reviews from Senior Architect, management, and client.
- Participate in field surveys to perform field system walk-downs, take dimensions, and create field sketches.
- Document and keep record of architectural designs and other relevant information required for filing purposes.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other disciplines and ensure that the design reflects current information from all departments and that all departments have the latest architectural design information.
- Assist in research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
- Keep Lead Architect informed of project status and challenges.
- Maintain strong work ethics.
- Promote team working spirit and take a positive approach towards development of self and others.
- Professional licensure is a plus but not required. At a minimum, candidate is to be actively pursuing AXP hours with NCARB.
- Attend conferences/workshops to stay up-to-date with architectural trends and development as directed by the department manager.
- Professional degree (Bachelors or Master's) in Architecture with 2-4+ years' experience performing Architectural design work.
- Life Science industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Blue Beam and Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Knowledge in other graphic programs (for example Lumion, SketchUp, etc.) is plus.
- LEED AP is a plus but not required.
- Work requires a good understanding of design impact and integration into the complete multi-disciplinary project.
- Fully competent and knowledgeable of design/drafting principles and practices with extensive and comprehensive knowledge in plan layout and design.
- High attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and in writing).
- Decision making capabilities, problem solving and organizational skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this position.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry / regulatory codes and standards is a plus.
- Ability to effectively interface and collaborate with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively by managing time efficiently to achieve project goals.
- This position is hybrid. This means working from home and also from the Philadelphia office on an as needed basis. Must be able to travel into the Philadelphia office when needed/requested.
- Willingness to travel to project sites (max 10% annually) to assist in developing field sketches and coordinating on-site tasks, etc.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.