Title: Document Controller Reports to: Information Manager Work Location: Brooklyn NY, Boston MA or New Jersey, Houston Hybrid or Remote JobID (Resource Tracker): ID329
Our Client is comprised of purpose-driven professionals dedicated to delivering its 5+ gigawatt offshore wind portfolio, strategically positioned to meet the growing demands of multiple east coast markets including New York and New Jersey.
Our client has three offshore wind energy lease areas totaling more than 262,000 acres under active development and is the largest offshore wind project in the State of New Jersey and the third largest project awarded in the United States. Construction will begin in 2024 and the first power is expected in 2027. Project 1 will generate enough clean energy to power more than 700,000 homes and bring $848 million in guaranteed local economic benefits to the state.
Scope of Job: The Document Controller will implement the document control policy and processes for the current and upcoming phase(s) of the project; develop processes in accordance with the JV needs, best industry practices and confidentiality obligations, and manage the document infrastructure. As such he / she /they will coordinate with the team at large to train and support the team in document control implementation. 80% - Project Document control and coordination
10% - Coordination with IT
- Ensure IM policies follow and are compliant with parent company requirements, with updates as needed
- Manage all paper and electronic document / data flow within the project(s) or portfolio, and to / from contractors / vendors
- Create, maintain, and manage delivery against the document and data distribution matrix to aid information flow between our client and its contractors / vendors
- Create and maintain the workflows within the Electronic Document Management System to ensure efficient and timely exchange of data without security incidents.
- Assist with timely review and turnaround of document submittals
- Establish and coordinate the use of document "team working areas" for uncontrolled documents and informal sharing
- Ensure proper application of the appropriate metadata fields and records / retention labels as required by IM policy
- Seek out means of automation or process improvement to drive efficiency in data transfer and metadata application
- Train internal and external users on information management policies, processes, and requirements, and support various functions and phases through the consistent application of IM policies and best practices
- Project-specific Document Control:
- Proactively monitor trends in the IM data and landscape to flag potential delays, cost, or quality issues. This will include development and delivery of dashboards or status reporting to management as applicable (Monthly Contractor Master Document Register status / progress / forecast, Weekly Company Document review statistics, etc.)
- Execute project archiving and handover to the next project phase / Operations
20% - Document Control Training •
- Coordinate IM processes and implementation with IT team:
- Manage, update, and control access to the internal JV SharePoint site, including development of site pages, dashboards, or additional libraries as needed
- Manage integration of information across multiple software platforms to ensure data is appropriately stored, tagged, and easy to find
- Maintaining and expanding tools needed for team performance (hardware, software, service Desk) in collaboration with IT
- Collaborate with IT to ensure back-up and recovery capability for all managed documents and data
Performs a wide variety of activities to support the Information Management department and to ensure compliance with applicable quality objectives and regulatory requirements.
• Implements, maintains and improves the Document Control and IM Training program and processes to ensure compliance with current policies and procedures.
• Maintains systems to ensure integrity and security of all documents containing data. Relevant to the EDMS and repository systems.
• Provides administration and troubleshooting for the EDMS.
• Provides internal technical support and escalates as appropriate to the IM Manager.
• Maintains digital master documents and records as required by applicable regulations such that required documentation and files are retrievable, traceable, legible, accurate, complete and well organized.
• Manages the document review processes.
• Works closely with other document controllers and end users within SharePoint and Aconex to assure consistency and implementation of best practices across the EDMS platform.
• Collaborates with the IM Manager as appropriate to meet training objectives.
• Delivers high quality and high impact learning programs and services that provide functional product knowledge for staff to achieve a high level of performance in their jobs.
• Assists the IM with evaluating the effectiveness of training and implementing modifications when necessary.
• Manages the collection and maintenance of document control KPI's and metrics.
• Provides support for internal and regulatory audits and inspections as required.
• Keeps abreast of the requirements for compliance in own area of work.
• Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work.
• Notifies the IM manager of regulatory compliance questions and issues.
• Follows Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures.
• Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area.
• Notifies manager of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. 5% - Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Others:
No Direct Reports
- 4+ years related industry/supervisory work
- 5+ years' experience as a Document Controller or equivalent knowledge
- Engineering background, able to read drawings and prints is a plus
- Knowledge of:
- Document control processes and systems on Major Capital Projects
- Interface management in the major execution of contracts (e.g. FEED, EPC, EPCM);
- Cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use)
- Discipline approval processes within project teams
- Records Management and version control principles /implementation methods
- Document and data control and management systems as well as project reporting software
- RDS-PP or other equipment tagging methods
- Aconex, SharePoint, Teams, General Records Management and Archiving Regulations
- Storage, transfer, and back-up of large data sets
- High energy, self-motivated, collaborative individual
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context and a fast-paced JV environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organizational skills
- Strong skills in written and oral communications
- Capability to train users and present accessible information across disciplines
- Ability to travel to our clients office or parent offices for 3-5 days at a time if required, work remotely or a hybrid of the in-person and remote work.
- Maintain an internet connection whether onsite or offsite as well as access to the company network and servers.
90% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 10% of the time is spent in offsite workshops or visiting other Atlantic Shores or parent offices, or training.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.