Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an E&I Project Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join the team in Equatorial Guinea, ideally on a resident basis.
The E&I Project Engineer is responsible for design, specification, cost forecasting and execution management of E&I related projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Operate and deliver multiple projects to internal customers through Project defined metrics for schedule, cost, and safety.
- Participate on design concept and solution creation for E&I related challenges.
- Conduct field surveys to validate concept and design solutions.
- Engineering skills to do inhouse engineering for small cap projects in the following areas: Switch board shelter, LV/HV switchboard equipment specification, Instrument specification, unifilar drawing creation, VFD system specification, diesel and gas turbine generation systems, power management systems.
- Manage commissioning activities ensuring all logistics are set to a smooth project execution.
- Financial control of small cap projects; including procurement, invoice approval, variation handling, final account agreement, monthly cost to complete reviews. Close liaison with the commercial team.
- Take a proactive approach to progress projects and own technical ability.
- Writing and reviewing Risk Assessments.
- Assisting with the allocation of labour, including subcontractors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years' study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent in relevant fields such as Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation.
- Extensive experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations.
- Fluent in English, second spoken language is appreciated.
- Basic knowledge of oil and gas treatment process, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations.
- Knowledge in SAP environment.
- Electrical Specific: HV & LV power plant management, power distribution and control networks, HV & LV motor drives and Alternators, Inverters, high voltage cells, variable speed units, Lighting networks, switchgear, etc.
Adequate HV/LV trainings.
- Automation specifics: proficiency in DCS (digital control system) operating, programming, and troubleshooting, knowledge of one or more vendors programming language such as Rockwell Automation systems is a plus.
- Auto CAD drafting design skills capable of producing unifilar schematic drawings.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.